Interview with a Catholic Priest

Hi, my name is Maya, and I'm a year 12 student at Thomas More College, I am currently studying religion and doing an investigation on priesthood marriage and whether or not Catholic Priests should be given the right to marry. I am hoping to contact a Catholic Priest in order to ask a few questions in the form of an interview, and i am unsure of where to turn

Thankyou :)

Try talking to a priest at your parish, or a priest involved in ministry at your school.

First off: Marriage isn't a right. Now that this is mentioned, you may continue.

[quote="mayaliddle11, post:1, topic:338116"]
Hi, my name is Maya, and I'm a year 12 student at Thomas More College, I am currently studying religion and doing an investigation on priesthood marriage and whether or not Catholic Priests should be given the right to marry. I am hoping to contact a Catholic Priest in order to ask a few questions in the form of an interview, and i am unsure of where to turn

Thankyou :)

[/quote]

Contact the Catholic Church nearest your home and telephone during office hours to ask for an appointment. Explain your errand just as you have explained it here, and I know the priest will be happy to help you out. :)

Most parishes also have web sites, and you can send an e-mail directly to the priest if you don't care to go through his secretary.

Marriage is a vocation, not a right. Also, I don't think you should post your personal email on a public forum like that. Hopefully you don't attract some nuts pretending to be priests. If you are doing a research project, you need to find a real, live person whose identity and credentials you can verify. The opinon of an anonymous person on a public internet forum is not citable in a research paper. (Even if he swears he really is a priest.) I'm surprised your teacher didn't explain that to you if an interview is a requirement of this assignment. The best course of action is for you to contact the rectory at your local Catholic Church and ask to make an appointment with one of the priests so that you can interview him for a school project. I'm sure they will be happy to accomodate you and then you can cite the interview properly in your paper.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.