Intriguing Is Notion That in Heaven We’ll Meet Not Just Relatives but Ancestors

I know this borders on private revelations and speculation, but the concept is interesting:

Intriguing Is Notion That in Heaven We’ll Meet Not Just Relatives but Ancestors

There are tremendous consistencies among those who claim to have glimpsed the afterlife during “near-death experiences.” A central one is that during the brush with death, after going through sort of a tunnel, and to a light, they were greeted by Jesus, angels, and deceased loved ones: those who had preceded them.

Let’s focus on the deceased loved ones. Obviously, such a prospect comes as an enormous relief to those who have lost their closest relatives – almost too good to be true, and yet true it appears to be. Barring condemnation, and even if there are long stays in purgatory, we all see each other again. We firmly believe that.

Full story

This is of interest to me since there is a story in my family about one of my great aunts who, just minutes before she died, seeing her deceased son and talking to him.

PF

In order to stay within the forum guidelines, this conversation would center on the theology and speculation of the communion of saints, purgatory, and heaven. As such, it is being moved to Apologetics.

Catherine:

Thanks for moving it. I was debating whether to post this here in Apologetics.

PF

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.