"Introduction to RCIA"-event :(

I attended an introduction to RCIA today, and heard among other things this:

• Contraception is up to your own consciousness (the teacher said she used it herself)
  • Encyclicals are only recommendations
  • “The apostles weren’t Catholics”
  • The Church should share communion with lutherans
  • Lutherans have valid communion (and sacraments in general… and they have 7, they just don’t know)
  • Abortion *may *be okay in some circumstances

And so on and so on…

Basically the theme was “Why you might as well stay where you are”… It has confused me very much, and I feel like they don’t take the sacrifices I have had to bring and will have to bring to become a Catholic serious. I have still not talked to a great deal of my family about it, and I know it’s gonna hurt. I could have used some sort of understanding and support from the Church. :frowning:

In Chestertons words, I am more or less at the stage where nothing a Protestant could say would convince me not to convert, but the words of the Catholics distress me deeply. What’s more, these things seemed to be the general idea in the church, among the priests and even the bishop.

It seems like there is no Catholic Church here at all… I still don’t have a home :frowning:

I was almost sure the Lord was leading me to the Catholic Church, but now I don’t feel so sure anymore… This is not what i had expected to find. Could this *really *be what he wants me to convert to?

Please pray for me.

-CB

The people you encountered are not authentically Catholic. They are promoting heretical teachings. You should report that RCIA leader to the pastor. If he gives you no satisfaction report it to the bishop and then Rome.

Please, find an orthodox Catholic parish and continue your journey home.

Where is Europe are you? If you could find an FSSP parish (they use the traditional Latin forms of the sacraments) they are highly orthodox and completely loyal to Rome.

God Bless, and don’t give up.

Don’t give up. These ideas are held to by a great many catechists and other progressive minded people. Find yourself another Parish. I had to fight battles for years with RCIA and CCD Directors who felt just this way and tried to present their ideas and infect others. It is one of the greatest problems in the Church today…

What they teach is not the Catholic faith in any way shape or form. It is the mishmash of progressive ideas that many were infected with both prior to and after Vatciacn II. In their mildest forms they can be mere abuses. At their worst they are outright heresies. Now I know we don’t use that word anymore but it is true.

Find another parish

Find another church. This one was wrong. Also, discuss this with your priest. He may not have been aware of this.

Praying for you! Do not be disheartened. Find a good obedient CATHOLIC parish. hugs

Unfortunately all too common. If you’re not able to find a more faithful parish, consider sticking it out with this RCIA group and you’ll still be a catholic with full access to the sacraments when all is said and done. My brother in law was catechized by a liberal instructor but survived, and is a devout catholic now.

Prayers!

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Almighty Father, let your light soak deeply into our minds.
Stepping forward in the light of your commandments,
may we follow you always, our leader and our guide.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Several of the things listed are outright heresy. We shouldn’t be afraid to call it what it is.

If a priest held those beliefs about Lutheran sacraments, I’d seriously doubt his ability to form the correct intention to consecrate the Eucharist.

God Bless

Amen. I pray in thanksgiving for your ability to discern the truth among these falsehoods and for your commitment. Keep the faith!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

Thanks everyone,

I am in Denmark, and will be stuck in this particular city for at least 4 years. And Catholic parishes are scarce in Denmark, so I don’t think there are any other nearby…

But if God really wants me to convert, I trust he has a reason for putting me here. If nothing else, it incites me to study more, examine everything critically, and pray much.

None of which are bad things…

• CB

You might try masstimes.org to locate other parishes.

Don’t be discouraged Get a copy of the catechism yourself. Also this site has a lot of info. Don’t be afraid to challebge the teachers if they are in error.

God Bless

Hehe… got TWO :wink:

I was distracted a lot from the Rome-Catholic Church when my friend -priest (also RCC), refused to help me when I peddled handbills and did petition against abortions some hours. And I was there alone… almost no person around was able to help me… and we were at CampFest (at least 5000 worshiping people around -at least 30% Catholics). (www.campfest.sk)
Also ALL my friends I had there refused me to help. I didn’t know whether to cry or be angry. But now I know the Church is weak in people and I can love them just as they are…

Father -only YOU are The Strong. Don’t allow more temptation and examines than this my sibling can withstand. Better will be for me to carry it for him, but YOU KNOW how to educate our hearts.

God is ALWAYS with You -You personally. Does your heart understand?:console: :tiphat: ("Hi! I’m God… I will be with you… forever… :blush: ")

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God Bless you +

My dear friend, God has shown you how much some Catholics who are perhaps not entirely Catholics, need your prayers! Now may the Holy Spirit lead you securely to all that is true and genuine in the Catholic Faith. May He lead you into the Church through true guides.

God bless you,

Trishie

Update:

Altar-girls

:eek:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.