Invalid marriage

I’m a Catholic and in an invalid marriage. My wife and I are going to validate our marriage on our year anniversary. I will contact our priest at our local parish. Just a question . . . what kind of things are discussed and talked about before marriage? My wife and I did not do this so I am just curious what to expect? Thanks

hi,

i,m happy you are getting your marriage blessed. i think father will discuss how living in a marriage blessed by God and lived according to God’s will can bring abundant blessings, it will surely be filled with joy and peace. you also know that the graces of the sacraments will be there to aid you both through any difficulties.

God bless,

johnco

Some priests may take you through the marriage preparation steps, but some may assume you are prepared. It might be wise to ask him to take you through the marriage preparation steps. It might help you identify areas that need discussion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.