Invested with Miraculous Medal

Can anyone tell me what it means when you join the Association for Miraculous Medal you have be be invested by a priest either in public or private?
I think it just means you wear the medal and have the priest bless you with Holy Water, but not sure.
Thanks for any input.
Prague

Here’s what I found with a quick search:
catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=360

Hope it helps,

CARose

Good question. The rite you speak of isn’t a requirement, it’s voluntary. To belong to the Association of the Miraculous Medal all that is required is to wear a Miraculous Medal around the neck which has been blessed by a priest. (These requirements differ from that of the Central Association of the Miraculous Medal, whose website can be found at www.cammonline.org)).

I sent an inquiry to the Association of the Miraculous Medal (www.amm.org) to find out if there are specific priests/delegated lay persons in my area that I need to ask for having the approved rite and what is involved, or if any priest can do this. I will let you know what I hear back, but in the meantime, there may be some here who know more…

Guess this answers the wording portion…
Thanks CARose, sorry I missed this while I was posting!

M

Thanks for your input. Appreciate it very much.
Prague

Whew! Thanks for this info. Tim

Never a problem!

Margaret

Are there any special prayers that people who are invested are supposed to say? For instance, is a daily Rosary required, or the Little Office, or something else? I am already enrolled in the Scapular. Would I need to say any additional prayers if I wished to be invested with the Miraculous Medal?

I’m enrolled in the scapular as well, but not the MM. I say (permiting) a daily rosary as ok’ed by the Priest during the enrollment. I would like to know if there is anything else recommended or required for the MM as well. Thanks for asking. Tim

I received a kind reply from the Director/President of the Association of the Miraculous Medal, Father Henry Grodecki, C.M., who has said he is mailing me the necessary information for investiture. He said any priest by reason of his ordination may invest a person in the Miraculous Medal and that all that is involved is the person being invested, the priest, a blessed Miraculous Medal, and the prayers he is sending.

For those with questions about prayers and requirements to membership I am posting the following information which is available on their site, www.amm.org, as their information on membership has been updated and what I posted above may not be applicable any longer:

Benefits of Membership
Anyone, living or deceased, including non-Catholics, may be enrolled. A member shares in three novenas of Masses and 30 additional Masses every month–a total of 57 Masses monthly. Members also share in other Masses offered for them and in the daily prayers and Masses of the Vincentian community in the western United States.

Becoming a Promoter
Promoter Medal

Promoters receive a special Promoter Medal and a card announcing a share in a papal blessing.

You become a Promoter when you send in at least twelve Annual Memberships at one time or other memberships amounting to $3 during a year. You thereby become a member and share in the spiritual benefits of members. In addition, on the sixth of each month a special novena of Masses for Promoters is begun, and you share in three other novenas of Masses each year. As a Promoter you may wear the specially designed “Promoter’s Medal” and you receive a card announcing that you share in a papal blessing. Active Promoters, at the time of their death, become perpetual members of the Association of the Miraculous Medal.

Enrolling someone as a member in the Association of the Miraculous Medal is one way to show your love and concern. Anyone, living or deceased, including non-Catholics, may be enrolled. We offer several different kinds of memberships which are listed below.

Individual Annual Memberships
annual membership card
On request, wallet-sized membership cards are available for individual annual members. An annual member shares in all the spiritual benefits of membership for a period of one year. The dues or offering is only 25 cents per year. A person may also be enrolled for five years with an offering of $1.

Other memberships available and explained on this site:
Renewable Memberships
Perpetual Membership
Individual Perpetual Membership
Family Perpetual Membership
The Perpetual Membership Medal
Silver Perpetual Membership Medal
Gold Plated Perpetual Membership Medal
Other Non-Renewable Individual Memberships
Shrine Card Memberships

The following information is from a booklet I have which was published several years ago:

Members of the Association can enjoy a plenary indulgence on the following days: the day of investiture the anniversary of the establishment of the Association (July 8), the feasts of the Queenship of Mary (August 22), St. Vincent de Paul (September 27) Catherine Laboure (November 29). To receive the indulgence, the usual conditions apply: Confession, Communion and prayers for the intention of the Pope. These indulgences are applicable to the souls in purgatory.

The members of this Association incur no obligations. They are encouraged to pray often the words found on the Medal: O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.

• Do not confuse this Association tithe The Central Association of the Miraculous Medal.

Information from The Central Association of the Miraculous Medal,
(located at www.cammonline.org)::slight_smile:

Types of Membership
There are several ways of belonging to the Central Association: as a Promoter, as a Member enrolled by a Promoter, as a Member who has received a gift enrollment or as a Member who has enrolled oneself.

Promoter
Anyone can become a Promoter of The Central Association of the Miraculous Medal by enrolling eight or more new members who may be living or deceased, and by submitting their names along with the annual fee of 25 cents for each member enrolled. The Promoter receives Miraculous Medals, membership cards and copies of the membership brochure to give to those he/she enrolls.

NB: Wearing a Miraculous Medal or attending the Miraculous Medal Novena, of itself, does not make one a member of The Central Association of the Miraculous Medal.

Enrollment

Anyone can becoming a Member of the Central Association of the Miraculous Medal. It can be through a Promoter as a gift enrollment or through enrollment of oneself for a period of 5 years or for a lifetime (Perpetual). Each Member receives a Miraculous Medal, membership card, and a brochure.

Enrollment for 5 years involves submitting your name and address along with a donation of $5.00 to the Association.

Enrollment for a lifetime (Perpetual) involves submitting your name and address along with a donation of $10.00 to the Association.

Spiritual Benefits
All Promoters and Members of the Central Association, whether living or deceased, whether Catholic or non-Catholic share in the spiritual benefits attached to the Association’s efforts to promote devotion to Our Blessed Mother. Specifically, each year 2,500 Masses are offered for the intentions of our Promoters and Members by the Vincentian priests.

Promoters, moreover, are remembered in an additional 500 Masses offered specifically for them. Promoters also receive a special Miraculous Medal, and each Saturday at the Central Shrine altar, the Director of the Central Association of the Miraculous Medal, Father James Kiernan, C.M., offers Mass explicitly for them.

If you wish to become a Promoter or a Member of the Central Association of the Miraculous Medal, this can be done Online.

There is a lot more information available on both sites than I can (or should) post here, including how to order a free medal, prayers, novena schedule, etc.

Hope this helps!
Bless you -
Margaret :slight_smile:

Thank you Margaret for the information. It is quite helpful.
God’s Blessings.
Prague

So if I say the Rosary (which my priest allowed for enrollment in the Scapular), I do not need to say any additional prayers if I wish to be enrolled in the Miraculous Medal?

You’re very welcome!

Investiture requires the blessing by a priest by using the specific prayers. Membership in one of the associations has other requirements…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.