Investments

I’m invested in mutual funds that may have companies in their port folio that invest in drug companies that manufacture contraceptives. is it a sin to own these funds?
I wonder how many Catholics with 401k’s have given this a thought.

[quote=Sirach14]I’m invested in mutual funds that may have companies in their port folio that invest in drug companies that manufacture contraceptives. is it a sin to own these funds?
I wonder how many Catholics with 401k’s have given this a thought.
[/quote]

It’s an interesting question. Financially, I’m just starting out, but am really interested in Ave Maria Mutual Funds, which has a wondeful track record financially. They also don’t invest in amoral companies. Just something to think about. :thumbsup:

I’m trying to get my husband to invest through the Ave Maria Funds. He’d rather play with stocks.

As for investing in companies that may invest in contraceptive labs and whatnot, I don’t know if it’s a sin or not, but why give money to them anyways?

I’ve invested in Ave Maria Funds. If I have a choice to invest or not to invest in companies that engage in activities that are counter to my faith, why would I not choose in a manner consistent with my faith? Thank heavens for Catholic firms like Ave Maria and Sienna Communications…Having said that, most folks aren’t in direct control over their 401Ks. That being the case, it would not be a sin because it is not an act (investing in companies that engage in morally offensive activities) that they have direct control over.

If you do have control, on the other hand, why not make a change? If all Catholics did so, perhaps real change could be affected!

Hello friends miriam here… I have something to share for you guys… it’s a solid business, we recommend joining BeepXtra as well as it’s completely FREE and both businesses work well together, also now is the perfect time to join beepxtra, because if it takes off around the world…which we believe will, the beep extra link is in the description if you want to see the video …

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.