Invoke your favorite saints

Here’s the deal: you invoke your favorite saints for whatever petition you need. Let others know about your favorite saint, provide little known facts, or just say a simple prayer! That way, it’s a learning experience for all, plus you get to send up prayers. :smiley:

I’ll start.

St. Padre Pio, I’d like to ask your help for one of my best friends, Louis. As you are his patron saint from his Confirmation name, I’m sure you will help him. He and I got to be extremely close friends last year, along with some feelings mixed in there. Right now, he firmly believes his path is to become a numerary in Opus Dei. Problem is, I still love him (a lot), and I think I’m having a hard time letting him go. What hurts more than anything is that he doesn’t even feel he can be my friend–we went from talking constantly to almost zilch talking. I know it must be your intercession that is helping us, because he has started talking to me more, but I’m still struggling, as I know he is. Help me to accept God’s Will, and to persevere in the path to holiness and not be tempted by impure thoughts or deeds. You, the model of penance, generosity, and love, I beg of you, help me to become like that. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

St. Josemaria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei, pray for me, your lowly daughter, and Louis, my beloved friend and your beloved son. May we walk together in the path of righteousness, and help me to accept whatever his vocation (and my vocation) may be.

Christ, I love you.

Your servant,
Mary :wink:

St. Therese the Little Flower, pray for us

St. Monica, mother of St. Augustine, pray for us

St. Augustine, pray for us

St. Rita, Pray for us

All you Holy Saints, pray for those who are suffering from addiction and depression or any other mental ailments.

Blessed Mother Mary, hold these hurting and injured people in your loving embrace as you held Jesus our Savior when he was a child. Present this petition to Our God.

In the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.

AMEN

thanks for that one, Debbie,God love and bless you

…Lord please hear our prayers…

St. Monica, I beg your intercession for all of us who need divine assistance with our children.

St. Rita, that I may model my spirituality after you.

St. Joan of Arc, for courage when weak.

Our most Blessed Mother, for intercession for all of our needs. You are my model for obedience.

Saint Francis de Sales-the great evangelizer who called 60,000 Calvinists back to the One true church. He inspires me in evangelization.

Saint John Vianney-Patron Saint of Priests. A poor student, but a miraculous pastor. He intercedes to keep the Bishops and Priests faithful, obedient and Holy.

Praise God, who created willing hearts to accomplish His Divine will on earth.

Christ’s peace be with all of you.

St. Therese, the Little Flower, pray for us and send us a shower of roses.

And please send me a rose today.

St. Therese, my patron saint, rain down on me a shower of roses and blessings as I continue to struggle in my personal life.

St. Monica, patron of alcoholics, pray for my husband. Gather up our prayers and place them at the foot of my beloved Savior, Jesus Christ. Heal him and bring him to health in mind and body.

Amen.

St.JOSEMARIA grant that I too may learn to turn all my circumstances and events in my life into occasions of loving GOD and serving HIM.AMEN

I just love reading this thread!

I don’t know which Saint was responsible here, but there was definitely some intercession going on: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=2500674#post2500674
Someone knows the Saint of Evangelization or conversion.
Christ’s peace.

St. Therese and St . Monica pray for me that all my friends , you know who they are , whom I love DEARLY will accept our Lord into their hearts and have the holy spirit in them today ! Let them become Christlike in heart and ways . I know our LORD hears your intercession dear St . Monica and St . Therese . I thank both of you for interceding on my behalf . , John

**St Jude. The Patron Saint of Lost Causes Pray for Us

PRAYER TO SAINT JUDE

O most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus – People honor and invoke you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, for I am so helpless and alone. Please help to bring me visible and speedy assistance. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (state your request) and that I may praise God with you always. I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you by publishing this request. Amen.

St. Matthew the Apostle: My namesake, pray for me.
Jeremiah the Prophet: Pray for me.
St. Stephen the first Christian martyr: Pray for me.

St. Peter the first Apostle: Pray for me.
St. Paul the Apostle: Pray for me.
St. Joseph patron of the Universal Church: Pray for me.
St. Francis de Sales: Pray for me.
St. Thomas More: Pray for me.
St. Thomas Becket: Pray for me.
St. John Fisher: Pray for me.
St. Jude: Pray for me.
Blessed Sister Maria Gabriella Sagheddu: Pray for me.
Blessed John Henry Newman: Pray for me.

St. Luke the Apostle: Pray for me.
St. John the Apostle: Pray for me.
St. Genesius of Rome: Pray for me.
St. Vitus: Pray for me.
St. Porphyrius: Pray for me.
St. Catherine of Bologna: Pray for me.
St. Hildegard: Pray for me.
Pope Blessed John Paul II: Pray for me.

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton: Pray for me.

Our Lady of Guadalupe: Pray for me.

Lord Jesus Christ: Thank you for all of these men and women who you have made vessels of your grace, and “Therefore, since * surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let [me] also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let [me] run with perseverance the race that is set before [me].” Please bless me and keep me, shine your face upon me and be gracious unto me. Amen.*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.