Iowa, Michigan Schools Win HHS Mandate Reprieve

Two Christian colleges have won a temporary victory in their fight against the birth control mandate in Obamacare.

A federal judge ruled that Dordt College in Iowa and Cornerstone University in Michigan don’t have to comply with the mandate, for now.

The mandate requires employers to provide birth control coverage to employees, including coverage for abortion-related drugs.

cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2014/May/Iowa-Michigan-Schools-Win-HHS-Mandate-Reprieve

Well this is good to know. I wonder when the ruling from the Supreme Court will be out. I thought it was supposed to be out sometime in June.

Hmm… I’ve lived in Iowa my entire life and can’t say I’ve ever heard of Dordt College.

I live in Indiana and I can say with certainty that I’ve never heard of it. But then again, I am sure it exists or it wouldn’t have been mentioned in the article. It’s not often that you find a news article talking about an imaginary organization.

Haha oh I’m sure it’s a real place. I’ll trust that the article is legit and they wrote about a real place.

dordt.edu/

that’s ok. I’ve never heard of Cornerstone Univ., either, but right now I’m happy they exist and are willing to fight for religious liberty. :thumbsup:

Jon

:slight_smile:

These colleges are close to the size of my high school in terms of enrollment. Still good to hear this but the more general ruling is still ~1 month off.

How big is your high school?

~2K students

Oh okay. Thanks for the information. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.