Iowans plan 1,000 anti-gay marriage billboards

GRIMES, Iowa — After months of controversy, the Gortz Haus closed its doors last week in the wake of declining revenue — first, for its refusal to host gay weddings, then for discontinuing its wedding business altogether.

Though the Grimes bistro, art gallery and venue is no longer open, owners Richard and Betty Odgaard have no plans to put aside their religious campaign against same-sex marriage.

religionnews.com/2015/08/05/iowans-plan-1000-anti-gay-marriage-billboards/?utm_content=buffer8437f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I wish there were a toilet-flushing smilie. These billboards show that some people are against gay marriage; so what?

Couldn’t this money better be diverted to legal costs or something?

Seems to me the couple is trying to make lemonade out of lemons, in their own way.

But they’re making lemonade that no one can drink. They’re pouring lemonade into a glass with no bottom.

Why? They were put out of business for standing up for what they believe in. I think most people can relate to that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.