IRA Dissidents Claim Responsibility for Shooting Soldiers

This is a sad day for all of us here in the North.

Two soldiers were shot by dissident republican terrorists in a cowardly attack.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7930995.stm
nytimes.com/reuters/2009/03/08/world/international-us-irish-army-shooting.html?_r=1&partner=MOREOVERNEWS&ei=5040

Let’s hope this doesn’t bring back the bad days.

Sad news. You’ll be in my prayers again.

PEACE

I am a Catholic with an Irish Republican background and I publicly condemn this atrocity.

ATTENTION moderate muslims-I expect no less of you when atrocities are committed in the name of Islam.

Hello?Hello?Anyone there?

Didn’t think so.

No, they have a ways to go.

The major difference is Irish republicans do not act in the name of their religion, whether they be Protestant or Catholic - there have been devout Christians (both Catholic and non-Catholic) and non-Christians also but Irish republican is neither Catholic or Protestant.

I condemn the attacks as pointless and merely violence for the sake of violence, also the talk from the the Real IRA about lads delivering pizza been collaborators with the British state was just unreal and obvioulsy springs from a surreal universe only Real IRA members have access to.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.