Iran: authorities confiscate 6,500 Bibles [CWN]

Amid heightened persecution of Iranian Christians, authorities in the northwestern province of Zanjan have seized 6,500 Bibles. "Missionaries with reliance on huge money and propaganda are …

More…

[quote=CNS News]Troubled by Growth of Christianity, Iranian Regime Destroys Bibles

http://www.cnsnews.com/sites/default/files/images/aaa2_93.jpg?1314347829
Bibles for Iran (Photo: Elam Ministries)

(CNSNews.com) – A Shi’ite cleric affiliated with the Iranian regime has warned about the “danger” of Christianity spreading in the Islamic republic. This come amid reports of an anti-Christianity propaganda campaign and the seizure of thousands of Bibles.

According to Mohabat News, an independent Iranian Christian news agency, Ayatollah Hadi Jahangosha expressed concern about “the spread of Christianity among our youth,” citing the availability of Christian satellite television programs, books and objects.

“Everyone in society should feel responsibility in this matter and play his or her role in spreading of pure Islam and fight false and distorted cultures,” Mohabat quoted him as saying during a presentation on Mahdism – the belief in the so-called “hidden” or 12th imam, prophesied to emerge at a time of future chaos.

[/quote]

:coffeeread:

So, when do we start the rioting and killing in retaliation for this atrocity?:rolleyes:

Give us a few weeks to gather the Irish, they are always up for a good riot :wink:

Well, you can’t look to Iraq for help there.

Imagine what our good ally Saudi Arabia would have done ?

Or what some of our Christian fundamentalist friends would do with bunches of Qu’rans being distributed “among our youth.” Well meaning to be sure, but the results would be the same with both groups of believers, I think. :shrug:

I agree, but it is clerics associated with the regime. We are not burning thousands of Qu’rans in this country. Some nut case in Fl was threatening to do that.

Indeed. I don’t think that the ordinary Persian in the street would want to burn the Bibles any more than the Christian in the street would want to do the same to their holy book. Tends to go more with the fanatics on both sides.

I don’t know what they would do. Do you have an news sources to support such a claim?

He was more comparable to the nut jobs that want ot burn Americna flags, was he not?

All I know is Qu’rans have never been confiscated by the thousands by anyone in our country. I think it’s against the law, stealing. Is stealing against the law in Iran?

From what I understand, there is a different set of laws as to how to deal with Christians or Jews, and how to deal with Muslims.
I don’t believe that even the nut job referred to above stole anything, or had any clerics confiscate the Korans. It seems to me that he bought them at his own expense.

There will be no rioting in protest, but rather a barrage of prayer.

Iran Seizes 6,500 Bibles to Stop ‘Deceiving’ Christian Missionaries

Mohabat News commentates that Islamic republic officials have been concerned about Christian conversions despite their own Islamic propaganda against Christianity in recent decades. The fact that conversions continue in the wake of arrest and persecution is also noted.

Just as the Holy Martyrs witnessed against the Roman Empire, these converts witness to the Truth of Christ. The Martyrs didn’t have bibles, but they did have faith. They may confiscate and burn these Christian’s bibles, but they will never extinguish their faith.

May The Father, Son and Holy Spirit bless them and strengthen them to face their persecutions. May their witness be fruitful.
:signofcross:

Great post! The blood of the martyrs helped spread the faith.

My prayers for Christians in Muslim lands. :byzsoc: :gopray:

It hasn’t come to the point yet when we’ve been faced with mass attempts of Muslim prosyletization of our youth.

Makes one wonder about the real adherence to Islam among the people in these lands if their governments feel compelled to do things like this.

Not really once one realizes that Islam was created as a means to control the populace.

You’re serious?

Are you saying there are mass attempts of Christian prosyletization of the youth of Iran? :o

No, I am not. Besides, 6,500 Bibles or Qu’rans, give or take a few thousand, aren’t going to have much impact on either faith. Those Moslem clerics are more rigid than our clerics!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.