"Iran biggest state sponsor of terrorism" - Saudi Foreign Minister claims

WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister has called Iran the “biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world.”

Adel bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir made the remark Sunday in an address before the Munich Security Conference, citing several covert, political and military actions carried out by Iran to buttress his argument.

“The Iranians do not believe in the principle of good neighborliness or non-interference in the affairs of others. This is manifested in their interference in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan,” he said.

“We look at the region and we see terrorism and we see a state sponsor of terrorism that is determined to upend the order in the Middle East,” he continued. “The Iranians are the only country in the region that has not been attacked by either Daesh or al-Qaida. And this begs the question: Why? If Daesh and al-Qieda are extremist Sunni organizations, you would think they would be attacking Iran, a Shiite state. But they have not. Could it be that there’s a deal between them that prevents them or causes them not to attack the Iranians? This is a question that we keep asking ourselves.”

defensenews.com/articles/saudi-foreign-minister-iran-is-the-biggest-state-sponsor-of-terrorism?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB+02.22.2017&utm_term=Editorial±+Military±+Early+Bird+Brief

**Saudi Arabia hasn’t been attacked by ISIS either. What can we conclude from that?

Majority of 9/11 attackers were Saudi. What can we conclude from that?

Osama bin Laden was Saudi. What can we conclude from that?

All these fundamental terrorist groups follow Wahhabi Islam invented by Saudi Arabia: What can we conclude from that?

Putin has stated that his people have the money trail that proves the Saudis are funding terrorist groups but nobody believes him because he’s Putin. What can we conclude from that?

My prediction: the US will start a war with Iran while Trump is President.**

28 pages of the Sept 11 commission report showing connections between the hijackers and the Saudi government remained classified for 13 years. They were finally released last year.

theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/15/911-report-saudi-arabia-28-pages-released

Funny his little media coverage this received.

Oh and Saudi Arabia was not on Trump’s list of 7 countries. Nor were any of the other countries that the Sept 11 hijackers came from. But hey, we gotta watch out for them Yemenis, right?

:shrug:

To sponsor terrorism officially as state activities would give great power and better organisation for the terrorists. Muslim countries no doubt also equate the US as sponsor of state terrorism as well when it fight and bomb their people.

The countries concerned should show that they seriously fight the terrorists in their own countries.

I thought Saudi Arabia did have some type of terrorist attack a year or so ago and they
built a wall. Perhaps I am thinking of another country.

An example of the pot calling the kettle black? Only I’m not so sure Iran is even the kettle. Anyhow, I too fear a war with Iran under the Trump administration, especially with the prodding influence of Bannon. Maybe Trump’s daughter and son-in-law can dissuade him from embarking on such a mission. And I don’t figure Trump himself to be especially interested in starting a war; he is not really a hawk, but neither is he much of a diplomat.

If Trump isn’t a hawk, as you say, and isn’t interested in starting a war, why would you fear his starting a war with Iran?

Saudi Arabia is a police state that keeps extensive track of people there, what they’re doing, who their associations are. It knew what Bin Ladin was and offered him to the U.S. before 911. Yemen is a failed state from which no reliable information can be obtained.

That’s why.

True.

I won’t be surprised if Saudi Arabia is a good source of intelligence concerning potential terrorist activities.

The Saudi ruling family will be the first whose heads will be on the chopping block if the radicals take over so they have as much to lose as the US.

Look no further than Saudi Arabia for the roots of modern day Sunni jihadists. Iran for the Shia jihadists.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.