Iran: Israel's existence 'insult to all humanity'

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Israel’s existence is an “insult to all humanity,” Iran’s president said Friday in one of his sharpest attacks yet against the Jewish state, as Israel openly debates whether to attack Iran over its nuclear program.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said confronting Israel is an effort to “protect the dignity of all human beings.”

“The existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to all humanity,” Ahmadinejad said. He was addressing worshippers at Tehran University after nationwide pro-Palestinian rallies, an annual event marking Quds (Jerusalem) Day on the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan.

Israel considers Iran an existential threat because of its nuclear and missile programs, support for radical anti-Israel groups on its borders and repeated references by Iranian leaders to Israel’s destruction. Ahmadinejad himself has repeatedly made such calls, as has Iran’s Supreme LeaderAyatollah Ali Khamenei.

Iran has denied allegations that it is seeking to build nuclear weapons, saying its nuclear program is peaceful and aimed at producing electricity and radioisotopes used to treat cancer patients.

news.yahoo.com/iran-israels-existence-insult-humanity-093922735.html

Ahmadinejad is absolutely telling the world the truth, his nuclear program IS only for treating cancer patients.
AND since he sees all of Israel as a cancer, he wants to treat ALL the “cancer patients” at once,
with one big nuclear bomb…

Never heard it put that way.

I have learned to never trust any quote coming supposedly from Iran that is about Israel because the business the does the translation to English is located IN ISRAEL, it is an Israeli company and not even that the translation help demonize Iran (so does the US and it’s medias portrayal of Iran).

Here is a link: fabiusmaximus.com/2012/01/05/32849/

I can find more info on it but I’d figured I’d type this up here quick to get it out there.

Most Muslims, and Arabs in the Middle East consider Israel an illegal settlement on occupied land, and they’ve felt that way since 1948. It’s nothing new.

Ok, who’s let Ahmadinejad open his mouth again?

Which is why there wasn’t, isn’t, and never will be a “Palestinian” state.

Anyone who claims that it’s about Judea and Samaria/ the “settlements” just has to read your post to see why the former are a red herring. This conflict is existential; not territorial. It was never about a piece of land. Our enemies oppose any state of Israel within any borders.

Thank you for articulating their position. It makes my job of explaining so much easier.

Ever notice that the more they fight against us, the worse it gets for them? They evidently don’t.

Oh well.

’Tumour’ of Israel will soon be destroyed: Ahmadinejad

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Tehran on Friday that the Jewish state was a “cancerous tumour” that will soon be excised, drawing a strong US rebuke.

US National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor told AFP that if Iran was as concerned about human rights as Ahmadinejadsaid in his speech in support of the Palestinians, then it should stop supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Ahmadinejad’s diatribe against Israel in his Quds (Jerusalem) Day address was the latest in a long line to have drawn criticism from Western governments.

“The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumour,” he said.

“The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land… A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists,” he said.

news.yahoo.com/tumour-israel-soon-destroyed-ahmadinejad-091548418.html

MERI is not the only group translating. In fact recent news is coming directly from Iranian news agencies. Or reliable sources, like AFP

Islamic nations must realize that the Jews are God’s chosen people, and you don’t mess with God’s chosen people. Hitler made that mistake. The sooner they realize it, the better for everyone.

thanks for your reply. :thumbsup:

yep!!!:thumbsup:

the rhetoric is heating up and becoming more hateful i think. it seems as though they are pushing for an imminent war with Israel.

Catholic bishops in the Middle East reject the claims of a so called Promised Land or Chosen People alarabiya.net/articles/2010/10/25/123541.html

If Israel is to be made to give up all its land and move somewhere else, then that would set a precedent for Muslims to give up their lands and move back ot Medina, the only place they were invited to live in. Then the U.S. would have to give up its land also, and everyone, save the Indians, would have to move back to their ancestral lands. This would also have to extend to all lands conquered by non-indigenous invaders across the whole planet. This is why Pope Benedict said a few years ago that Muslims should accept history and move on. [Don’t ask me for a reference; I heard it on TV.]

This may be your own personal opinion, but it is not the teaching of the Catholic Church.

[quote=sedonaman] and you don’t mess with God’s chosen people
[/quote]

and the secular state of Israel (with its nuclear weapons) has been making such pronouncements for decades now (against its enemies which have no nuclear weapons).

Thank you gnjsdad for pointing out that it is not the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Catechism of the Catholic Church:

60 The people descended from Abraham would be the trustee of the promise made to the patriarchs, the chosen people, called to prepare for that day when God would gather all his children into the unity of the Church. They would be the root on to which the Gentiles would be grafted, once they came to believe.

1819 Christian hope takes up and fulfills the hope of the chosen people which has its origin and model in the hope of Abraham, who was blessed abundantly by the promises of God fulfilled in Isaac, and who was purified by the test of the sacrifice. “Hoping against hope, he believed, and thus became the father of many nations.”

1716 The Beatitudes are at the heart of Jesus’ preaching. They take up the promises made to the chosen people since Abraham. The Beatitudes fulfill the promises by ordering them no longer merely to the possession of a territory, but to the Kingdom of heaven:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
Rejoice and be glad,
for your reward is great in heaven.

All I was responding to were these Jack Chick like comments I’ve been hearing about the modern state of Israel.

And they have a legitimate point

Jim

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.