Iran tests ballistic missile in defiance of UN resolution, US officials say

Iran conducted a ballistic missile test in yet another apparent violation of a United Nations resolution, U.S. officials told Fox News on Monday.

The launch occurred at a well-known test site outside Semnan, about 140 miles east of Tehran, on Sunday.

foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/iran-conducts-ballistic-missile-test-us-officials-say.html

I wouldn’t consider any report that comes from Fox.
Is that the only link?

So, how’s that Iran deal working for us?
Surprised they are testing weapons?
Why? We knew they would!

From the Twitter of Reuters:

twitter.com/Reuters?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

BREAKING: U.S. official confirms Iran carried out ballistic missile test Sunday

lol, confirmed! So, how’s the Iran Deal with its $400 million in ransom payment working?

Obama was either malicious or incredibly naive.

Thank goodness the 8 years are finally over.

You crack yourself up huh?
I simply asked for another link as I do not trust Fox.

Sounds like war drums to me.
Signing up?

No answer for the question? I don’t blame you. Obama fooled a lot of Americans with this deal just like he did Obamacare.

I expect many more countries to have missile programs - not just ballistic, but nuclear - with Trump on the scene.

This Iran thing is solely on Obama. I know that’s not what you said, but lets be clear, Iran is on Obama now

I’ll answer. It is working just fine. A ballistic missile test, even if it is in violation of a UN resolution, is not covered under the recent Iran Nuclear Agreement, which only addressed the development of nuclear weapons, which has applicability well beyond how it might be deployed in a ballistic missile. And the $400 million was Iran’s money in the first place. We were only impounding it during sanctions. We had no right to hold it as our own forever. And the concessions we got we might not have gotten without some move on our part too. Remember, even tough the current government of Iran is antagonistic toward the US, there is a large segment of the Iranian population that is modern and very pro-western. Indefinite sanctions erode that good will - good will we might need to count on some day when there is a change of government.

Yes, I’ve heard these talking points before and there is disagreement as to whether it was a ransom payment or even money owed.

Of course I believe along the lines that we should not be giving any country that is antagonistic toward us money for any reason.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.