Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

BEIRUT – A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.
"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran's acting Friday prayer leader.

Women in the Islamic Republic are required by law to cover from head to toe, but many, especially the young, ignore some of the more strict codes and wear tight coats and scarves pulled back that show much of the hair.

news.yahoo.com:80/s/ap/20100419/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_earthquakes_promiscuity

I know islam has quite a bit to say about quite a bit of stuff and like many things they say, this one is way out there...

Well that is one way of explaining a perfectly natural event! Just like the idea on another thread suggesting it may be a result of the threat to arrest the Pope on his visit to the UK. :shrug:

While we’re on the topic of vengeful Gods, I would like to point out that the decrease in pagan sacrifices is the reason Zeus sends thunderstorms. :rolleyes:

V

I've known a couple that could make a bed move....but earthquake? :D

[quote="Lutheranteach, post:4, topic:195393"]

[/quote]

:D

[quote="jakasaki, post:1, topic:195393"]

BEIRUT – A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.
"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran's acting Friday prayer leader.

Women in the Islamic Republic are required by law to cover from head to toe, but many, especially the young, ignore some of the more strict codes and wear tight coats and scarves pulled back that show much of the hair.

news.yahoo.com:80/s/ap/20100419/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_earthquakes_promiscuity

I know islam has quite a bit to say about quite a bit of stuff and like many things they say, this one is way out there...

[/quote]

Funny how it was ALWAYS men who were trying to make me behave and dress immodestly....:mad::mad::mad:

lol, I guess Muslims have their Pat Robinsons too.

[quote="doanli, post:6, topic:195393"]
Funny how it was ALWAYS men who were trying to make me behave and dress immodestly....:mad::mad::mad:

[/quote]

But only because you're so darned alluring when you do...:thumbsup:

Clowns to the left of me, ~ Jokers to the right, here I am, ~ Stuck in the middle with you.

:D

this one is way out there...

Too way out it's gone to a fault...;)

Did you feel the Earth move? :wink:

sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

Ok, what about tsunamis, volcanoes, mudslides, tidal waves, tornadoes, hurricanes, typhoons and pestilences? Must be promiscuous men who are to blame for those.
Women got off light with earthquakes...

And what do promiscuous men cause?

children

[quote="FickleFreckled, post:12, topic:195393"]
Ok, what about tsunamis, volcanoes, mudslides, tidal waves, tornadoes, hurricanes, typhoons and pestilences? Must be promiscuous men who are to blame for those.
Women got off light with earthquakes...

[/quote]

You would amazed at the opinions expressed on another forum on "end times pseculation": forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=418128&page=40

A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.

Ridiculous. We all know that George Bush and Sarah Palin are to blame for earthquakes.

And floods, typhoons, hair loss, bleeding hemmorhoids, tooth decay, lost cats..........

Ah yes, typical rubbish from Muslim theocracy! Let´s blame women, those immoral creatures, and let´s continue to torture and murder them because they corrupt the world. :banghead:

It’s ok, doncha know because women don’t have souls. We exist simply to give men pleasure and bear the next generation of men and men-bearers.

[quote="Lutheranteach, post:4, topic:195393"]

[/quote]

"Call me Mister Flintsone,
I'll make your Bedrock."
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha80ZaecGkQ

Methinks that the Muslim cleric is taking his rap music a bit too seriously.

[quote="FickleFreckled, post:18, topic:195393"]
It's ok, doncha know because women don't have souls. We exist simply to give men pleasure and bear the next generation of men and men-bearers.

[/quote]

Of courseI :p

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.