Iranians consider mandatory execution for apostasy

Yes, another one from World Net Daily. :mad:

Iranians consider mandatory execution for apostasy
Christians being interrogated on suspicion of crime of leaving Islam

A plan is being discussed by lawmakers in Iran that would require the death penalty for anyone who leaves Islam for Christianity or someone who promotes such a conversion even on the Internet, according to a new report from Compass Direct News.

Those discussions of a penal code that was drafted earlier this year bring urgency to situations such as the two men arrested recently and under interrogation for that very crime, the report said.

Full Story

Associated Links:

July 09, 2008 - Iran : Ex-Muslims Detained for ‘Apostasy’
July 03, 2008 - **Iran : Authorities ‘Temporarily’ Release Badly Injured Christian **June 25, 2008 - Iran : Convert Couple Arrested, Tortured, Threatened
June 09, 2008 - Iran : Christian Arrested without Charges
June 03, 2008 - **Iran : Two Christian Prisoners Released on Bail **
May 28, 2008 - **Iran : Authorities Refuse to Release Christian Convert **
May 21, 2008 - **Iran : Police Arrest 12 Christian Converts **

Look like most of the people I know will have “death” warrants out on them.:shrug:

And I was told no to say Islam is a Satanic evil religion here. Go figure!:mad:

It has seemed almost surreal to me to observe the Islamic apologists who come on CAF from time to time, many surely knowing full well that this site would not be allowed under an Islamic regime. Moreover, the participants would, if possible, be hunted down and, at the very least, prosecuted.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.