Iran's Ahmadinejad casts doubt on Holocaust, Suggests Israel Be Moved to Europe

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday expressed doubt that the Holocaust occurred and suggested Israel be moved to Europe.

His comments, reported by the official IRNA news agency from a news conference he gave in the Saudia Arabian city of Mecca, follow his call in October for Israel to be “wiped off the map,” which sparked widespread international condemnation.

“Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces and they insist on it to the extent that if anyone proves something contrary to that they condemn that person and throw them in jail,” IRNA quoted Ahmadinejad as saying. “Although we don’t accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, our question for the Europeans is: is the killing of innocent Jewish people by Hitler the reason for their support to the occupiers of Jerusalem?”

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051208/wl_nm/mideast_iran_ahmadinejad_dc_2

The guy is weak and his Presidency is in trouble. He’s trying to stir up popular feeling at home, though he doesn’t seem to be very successful at it.

Mike

This guy is obviously stirring things up in hopes it will benefit him but there is unfortunately one part of his statement that is true:

“…if anyone proves something contrary to that they condemn that person and throw them in jail,”

One of the charges against David Irving, who is being held in Austria right now, is in regard to a speech he gave 16 years ago where he stated that the number of Jews that died in Hitler’s camps was less then 6 Million. Well, contrary to popular belief we know that to be true. The 6 million number was based partly on the Soviet claim that 4 million people died in Auschwitz alone. A claim that has been proven false to the extent that the Auchwitz Memorial Museum (at the actual site of the camp) has removed the plaque that stated that 4 million had died there and replaced it with a plaque that states 1.5 million. Any less of a crime? Of course not, but the fact is that in civilized nations like Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Austrailia, and Canada people are being locked up not only just for something they have said but for something they have said that was true. Germany’s law even states that historical accuracy is no defense. I never used to put any value in the opinions of those who questioned the facts of the Holocaust but some of what they have said has been proven true. I also believe that the truth does not need to be protected by laws. I find it curious that the Holocaust is the only event in human history that has laws protecting it from the constant revision based on new information that the rest of history is subject to. Open debate on over the facts of an event that we know happened does not mean it did not happen.

Hope he never plans a trip to Austria, they lock them up for Holocaust Denial there!!

[quote=walstan]Hope he never plans a trip to Austria, they lock them up for Holocaust Denial there!!
[/quote]

He has probably committed crimes worse than that.

[quote=gilliam]TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday … suggested Israel be moved to Europe.
[/quote]

I suggest that Iran be moved to Antarctica.

I suggest a glass factory be moved to Iran. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :rolleyes:

When we want to speak what islam in religion and politics is, we only have to see Iran and his president. No comment more.
But I think that this president is only a clown and never he will make nothing. The mullahs have many to lose and little to win.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.