Iraq Crisis: Islamic State Threaten to 'Raise the Flag of Allah in the White House'

From the International Business Times:
A spokesman for the Islamic State (IS) group, rampaging through northern Iraq, has warned that they will “humiliate the United States” and “raise the flag of Allah in the White House”.

“I say to America that the Islamic Caliphate has been established,” said Abu Mosa, spokesman for the group formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isis).

“Don’t be cowards and attack us with drones. Instead send your soldiers, the ones we humiliated in Iraq.”

"We will humiliate them everywhere, God willing, and we will raise the flag of Allah in the White House," he added.

Airstrikes, in my opinion, are not going to be effective against these people. The reason is that they celebrate death.

There are things I could show you about this group that would both get me suspended and at the same time make you vomit. They brag about their war crimes.

Having said that, at some point, ISIS will be an existential threat to Europe, to Australia, and to the US.

My two questions for you are this:

[LIST=1]
*]What are the criteria that exist for you to believe that ISIS has become an existential threat to the place where you live?
*]If/when they meet those criteria, what actions should the civil leaders take in the place where you live?
[/LIST]

For example, if you live in Europe, will you begin to consider ISIS to be an existential threat to your land if they overtake Turkey? Bulgaria? Kosovo? Will you consider it an existential threat if you start to see the ISIS flag fly in the Muslim suburbs of Paris? Berlin? Manchester?

If so, what actions should your country take?

ISIL banners have already appeared in at least one demonstration in England, and some protests in support of Gaza have gotten pretty violent in France. You have to search around the net to find riot footage from Europe but it’s out there. I have not posted links because some of it is on extremist sites. In Cardiff Wales recently, pro-Gaza demonstraters attacked people in cafes when the march passed through. Western Europe is a ticking time bomb, and Catholic Bishops saying otherwise won’t change that fact.

Five Key Reasons behind Iraq Jihadists' Victorious Run  [naharnet.com/stories/en/142434-five-key-reasons-behind-iraq-jihadists-victorious-run](http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/142434-five-key-reasons-behind-iraq-jihadists-victorious-run)

So, has it risen to the level of being an existential threat? If so, what do you think should be done about it?

I will say without the slightest exaggeration whatsoever, that in the last decade, police in the UK, France, and Sweden have exhibited a real hesitancy in dealing with mob violence where those involved have been Muslims.Until that is dealt with accordingly, I don’t know what else can be done.

Just what is being done, a green light to take out any imminent threat. It needs to go to Congress though for public support. Its a serious issue thats not going away.

This evening, at the president’s direction, and at the request of the Government of Iraq, the U.S. military conducted a humanitarian assistance operation near Sinjar in northern Iraq, providing food and water for thousands of Iraqi civilians whose lives have been threatened by armed groups associated with the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

I commend the men and women of the United States Central Command who safely and successfully executed this operation.

The U.S. military will also remain ready to conduct targeted airstrikes, if necessary, to help forces in Iraq fighting to break the siege of Mount Sinjar and protect Iraqi civilians trapped there. In addition, we are prepared to conduct airstrikes to protect American personnel against ISIL terrorist convoys should they approach Erbil.

An enduring solution to the persistent threat posed by ISIL will require further reconciliation among Iraqi communities and strengthened Iraqi security forces. Department of Defense personnel in Iraq therefore continue to assess opportunities to help train, advise, and assist Iraqi forces, and will provide increased support once Iraq has formed a new government.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nationaljournal.com%2Flibrary%2F177770&ei=HdnkU67cIOq-8QHd5IH4AQ&usg=AFQjCNFPky8geaWvZblmvv63d3sbH-oZ9g

Kerry stated; “If anyone needs a wake-up call this is it”

Pray a lot !!! God Help us, in more ways than one! God Bless, Memaw

1. They want to make the world an Islamic state, and don’t care how many innocents they must slaughter to do it, so they are already an existential threat to the U.S.A.

2. Hunt them down and kill them. Sorry, but this is not a conventional war where the adversaries can make peace, shake hands, return prisoners and become friendly trading partners (e.g. Japan and Germany). If we lock them up for a while, then let them go, they will return to killing innocents. As was said, they celebrate death.

And please don’t try the “that puts us on the same level as them” argument. There is a major difference between slaughtering innocents and killing people who are out to kill us.

Well considering the current US president is quite sympathic to anything with Islam, I think this sorts of threat may be real. Considering there is considerable push to use and accept sharia law in the US, yes this threat is real.

This. In our current Western culture, anti-Catholicism is practically a requirement, being anti-Christian is chic, and anti-Semitism is on the rise. But saying or doing or writing the least thing that can be regarded as critical of Islam or “offensive” to its beliefs is both politically incorrect and publicly criticized by both the media and politicians. Until this changes, we may as well start getting our underground churches ready.

I consider all Islamic militant groups an existential threat to the U.S. ISIS, Hamas, AQ, Iran, Hezbollah, all of them, because members of every one can come into the U.S. at will. It’s not only Central American children, adults and teens who are coming in and allowed to disperse throughout the country freely and disappear.

Also, our own government persecutes Christians, especially Catholics, but not limited to Catholics.

And in fact, the DemocratIC party wanted to take God out of its platform in 2012.

This sort of uprising is not new. Read about the Barbary pirates and the Barbary wars, in just American history, but the conflict goes back centuries with the Ottoman empire. Will the world finally rid itself of this plague?

They are in many cases scared to death of Islam over in Europe.

These are the gutless…spineless…inhumane cowards who kill unarmed men…women…and children in the name of their God?? Satan no doubt…and they dare to call us cowards…may they burn in the fires of hell for eternity…(forgive me Jesus)…

Praying to Our Lady Queen of Peace & St. Michael The Archangel.

Mhm. They get away with a lot of things that people of other religions and beliefs would not get away with. I’ve also seen proof that people with Arab names get off crimes more lightly than people with native names, because the ultra-PC liberals are afraid of being accused of racism. The governments in Europe are so afraid of seeming racist that if ISIS invaded the EU today, nothing would be done in retaliation until Europe is overrun.

I wouldn’t get too excited about the IS being an existential threat to the US. The only reason why they are making progress in northern Iraq is because they are an army with captured US weapons. They are not fighting equals. If they were to go against the US military they wouldn’t be an army for long.

They may be an existential threat to Iraq, Lebanon, and Syria (and maybe Saudi Arabia.)

-g

I am not worried by conventional military techniques. As you say, they would be badly outmatched on the battlefield.

However, they are doing a nice job of asymmetric warfare and of eliciting support and creating partisan forces.

For example, this from the Daily Beast:

ISIS’s Black Flags Are Flying in Europe

The symbol of the murderous Islamic State is waving in The Hague. ‘Death to the Jews,’ shout the demonstrators. Yet the Dutch government authorized the protests.

“Death to the Jews” chanted the crowd waving the black flags of the Islamic State, or ISIS as it used to be known. They were looking for new supporters for their cause, the creation of a worldwide caliphate answering to the man who now calls himself Ibrahim: a zealot too radical even for Al Qaeda who has stormed through Syria and Iraq carrying out mass executions, crucifying rivals, beheading enemies. But these marchers were not in Syria or Iraq; they were in The Hague in The Netherlands. And their message was one tailored to the disaffected young descendants of Muslim immigrants in Europe.

“We are Moroccans,” went out the cry over a portable loudspeaker. "The French killed the Moroccans but they didn’t kill them all; the grandchildren of the few men left protest against the West, America and the Jews.”

Many of the demonstrators covered their faces with Palestinian scarves or balaclavas. “Anyone who doesn’t jump is a Jew,” someone shouted as the whole group started jumping in a scene that might have been ludicrous if it weren’t for the hateful message. “Death to the Jews!” the crowd shouted in Arabic.

A lot (not all, but a high percentage) of the anti-semetic demonstrations and violence in Europe has been instigated by these partisans / followers.

Using asymmetric means, a superior military force is not necessary to provide an existential threat. (Just look at the partisans in South Vietnam or the mujaheddin in Afghanistan as examples).

On edit: as I stated before, I don’t believe them to be an existential threat yet. Yet.

I think they have a smart military leader and a pure evil agenda with 10-thousand troops and a lot of funding. That said I do believe Isis just witnessed very good air support today, leaving in the immediate future I would say is not realistic. Isis clearly stated they want to fight the Americans on the ground. Which is why all this movement to the US sight I would think. They want to build a state, they don’t want Big Brother hanging around while they corrupt and kill mankind.

The US and Europe ought to start thinking about these hundreds of Isis members returning to the US etc. Which is further why I think as reluctant as I would have to say it, Isis must be restrained to help them and us. Not hard to see the danger. The US isn’t leaving the area, and haven’t, so Americas 1st interest is to protect the Americans.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.