IRAQ - ITALY - Letter from Archbishop of Mosul: Thank you for your aid, supporting the plight of refugees [AN]

The donations made through the “Adopt a Christian from Mosul” campaign are used to buy food, warm clothes, blankets for refugees and rent houses or caravans given the early onset of winter and. Two women have defended their Christian faith before the Islamist militants who wanted to convert them, despite the threat of death. A refugee among refugees, Msgr. Nona discovers a new way of being a pastor.

More…

I read the article, and it says they will help Christians and all the non-Christians who come along in this group of refugees. They are open to helping all the refugees. Winter is coming and they need donations.

This is one way to help the poor outside of the country. I always believed that helping the poor in your neighborhood is good, but it’s also to help poor in foreign lands, because some of those countries have few citizens with change to spare, so they need help from those outside.

It gets cold in those places, so they will need houses (not tents) and fuel; all that’s in the article.

I know not everybody can afford to give: those raising children, those without jobs, those on fixed incomes or who don’t receive more than they can live on. But if we can give, we should, because it is one way to take care of the poor.:o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.