Iraq: Nuns, orphans released by kidnappers

(Vatican Radio) Two nuns and three orphans under their care have been released in Iraq by kidnappers linked to ISIS, the Al Qaeda-inspired Sunni militant group also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Speaking to AsiaNews, Chaldean Patriarch Mar Louis Raphael I Sako expressed relief that there was “finally good news” in the country where ISIS, under the banner of a new Islamic “caliphate,” has captured large swathes of territory from the Shia led government in Baghdad.

en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/07/15/iraq__nuns,_orphans_released_by_kidnappers/1102891

I am very happy that these two nuns and three orphans were released. It is truly an answer to their prayers for release.

T

Thanks be to God.

Thank God!

:extrahappy:

Glory and praise to you our heavenly Father.

Amazing how this story wasn’t covered at all by the American media. Thank goodness the sisters and the children are now safe.

I agree. It is unfortunate that things like this don’t often get put in the mainstream American media. I wish they would do so. For one thing it’d be nice to have positive and uplifting stories more often in the mainstream media. For another, it would give people a little bit of hope for the situation in Iraq when one could easily be tempted to despair when looking at their situation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.