"Irish babies are being born alive and left to die after abortions"

Irish babies are being born alive and left to die after abortions

https://gript.ie/irish-babies-are-being-born-alive-and-left-to-die-after-abortions/

2 Likes

And none of the main media outlets in Ireland will print this story.

1 Like

My mother is from Ireland I lived there in 1967 today’s Ireland is not the same Ireland it was back then its no longer Catholic I am glad I got a chance to see it as it once was. Not sure if the story is true or not but Ireland has changed for the worst. Its a shadow of what it once was.

A lot of bad stuff did happen

2 Likes

That Gript is a great news source, fine views.

Yes, this problem seems to occur through out the world actually it appears, terrible.

2 Likes

Interestingly, the original Magdalene Laundries were a Protestant run organisation founded in 1765 by Lady Arabella Denny, run by the Church of Ireland and accepted only Protestant women.

1 Like

These posts are off topic.

1 Like

Yes, I’m well aware of that, they were also run on the principle of attempting to retrain or re-employ women if possible.

1 Like

Lifenews coverage of this story:

The usual measured tone we’ve come to expect from that site. Yes these are real issues and need sorting out and indeed Irish doctors are reluctant in many cases thankfully to provide abortions still. But LifeNews always tends to approach everything in a hammer blow fashion.

Unfortunately sugarcoating the situation doesn’t work

2 Likes

God help our world. WHAT IS WRONG with people who would do this? God Please help the innocent unborn in our world.

Indeed no, but a)It is a small minority of pregnancies and b) getting the situation altered will require work. Had the Irish govt. pulled its finger out over the years and tided up the previous laws we could have avoided much of the problems they ended up with. Much of the final push to change the constitution came about because the referendum occurred not long after one particularly disastrous case.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.