Irish Tune in movie Gettysburg help

There’s this one tune that I absolutely love listening to. Ever watch the movie Gettysburg? Well, there’s one scene in the movie when a Catholic priest blesses a group of Irish soldiers. As he is doing so, a fife and drum contingent plays a certain tune. I don’t know the name of this tune! I’m hoping that maybe somebody here knows the name of the tune I’m talking about

Without going to the movie (one of my all time faves, btw) and relying only on memory, I keep hearing “The Minstrel boy”.

Yes, a couple customers on the Canadian Amazon website complained that the song “The Minstrel boy” was left off the soundtrack of Gettysburg, noting that in the film it was played “as Father Corby gives absolution to the boys of the Irish Brigade.”

The wikipedia article has the lyrics and, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can listen to it. Perhaps this might help Madaglan decide if it is indeed the song she remembers?

Yep, that’s the one. Thanks! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.