IRS says it lost Lois Lerner e-mails

I think we should bring Snowden back from Russia and have him find them for us.

No kidding.

Of course they have the emails. :shrug:

I wonder if they’ve looked under the bed? I find all kinds of junk under mine.

This is absolutely hilarious.

I actually work in the document review/production field (for lawsuits or government subpoenas). “Computer crashes” don’t lose or erase emails. They would of had to have a server crash and complete failure to not be able to restore the info. Not to mention, all those other agencies that she sent emails to, they also have copies of the emails. I have worked on projects where the corporation in trying to comply with a government investigation pulled emails not just from its own servers but from its broker’s servers, and everyone else they can reasonably have access to.

This. It would also mean they lost a lot of taxpayer information. Emails aren’t the only thing on servers.

It’s hard for me to believe the servers aren’t backed up.

Yesterday on the Mark Levin show lots of people in the computer field, I.T. , called in explaining how dishonest this is. Some explained the emails are backed up from other mirror servers. There were other explanations why this is silly and dishonest.

So if you are being audited by the IRS you simply claim your computer crashed? Audit cancelled?

Believe me, whether or not you get audited, the IRS doesn’t lose any tax information on you. Most W-2’s and 1099’s are filed electronically.

The IRS is now in charge of ensuring taxpayer compliance with the ACA. After this (another federal) fiasco, we should be questioning how competent our entire federal bureaucracy is to do what it promises to do.

If a computer crash occurs and it doesn’t affect the hard drive, then all your e-mails are on the hard drive and can be recovered easily. And even if your hard drive has crashed, there are ways to recover data from a crashed hard drive. Further, the normal procedure is to back up all data regularly, so if this was not done, it indicates incompetence on the part of LL. And even if she did not back up her data, according to Ed Snowden, the NSA is backing up everything and has all our e-mails stored in its data banks. IOW, this excuse of LL is difficult to believe.

I heard a small portion of Levin’s radio show last night and I heard them talking about e-mails but I didn’t know what it was in reference to then I got home and saw the thread on CAF
about lois lerner and the IRS! I was dumbfounded!

I wish I could have heard the whole show because I am sure he was outraged when he heard this!

Emails are in cyberspace. I can recover my email from any computer in the world.

So if LL had a computer crash, she could recover her e-mails from a different computer. How then, does her excuse that she lost her e-mails because of a computer crash make any sense?

But you are not lois lerner! :D. :stuck_out_tongue:

IRS Commissioner testified in March LL emails were archived.

breitbart.com/instablog/all

QUOTE]

Got me.:shrug:

Because they think we’re stupid?! :shrug:
[/quote]

So far I haven’t seen any posts from the usual suspects. This is truly the most inept and dishonest presidency in modern history - if not the the history of the entire republic. And it was allowed to happen because so many aren’t paying attention - instead being preoccupied by reality TV, NFL football, materialism, and consumerism. This and the relativism and secularism etc that pervade society are the fruits of decades of liberal dominance of our education system. So half aren’t paying attention. And the ones who are paying attention are either cheering on Obama and his ilk - because they like their entitlements or are liberals. The others are too small in number to vote him out or support an impeachment. A poster on a different thread informed us that our constitution is really nothing special. I think that says it all. And I think Obama shares that opinion - of our constitution and of America.

Ishii

This IRS scandal is exactly like the parable of the unforgiving servant.
“Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants. When he began the reckoning, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents; and as he could not pay, his lord ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made. So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, ‘Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.’ And out of pity for him the lord of that servant released him and forgave him the debt. But that same servant, as he went out, came upon one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and seizing him by the throat he said, ‘Pay what you owe.’ So his fellow servant fell down and besought him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you.’ He refused and went and put him in prison till he should pay the debt. When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their lord all that had taken place. Then his lord summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you besought me; and should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?’ And in anger his lord delivered him to the jailers, till he should pay all his debt. So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.” - Matthew 18:23-35

americanthinker.com/blog/2014/06/obama_to_america_screw_you.html

As President Obama revealingly said, politics is about rewarding your friend and punishing your enemies .

The invaluable TaxProf blog notes that Obama has proposed a steep increase for the IRS
– a 10.5% budget increase.

The IRS basically has been weaponized by Democrats in the Senate and by Barack Obama to stifle the work of political opponents and restrict the exercise of our First Amendment rights

House and Ways Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) says that along with providing news of the emails that have been lost, the IRS suggested in the same letter to Congress that it end its investigation.

sharylattkisson.com/lois-lerners-lost-emails-questions-for-the-irs/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.