Is a mortal sin to miss Mass while travelling?

My family has a family reunion this summer at the end of June. Usually when my family goes to the reunions or travels for vacation in general, we don’t go to Mass. However, I know that the local Catholic Church is just down the street from where we are staying so I could walk. But that Sunday morning is the day we arrive at the reunion and I am not sure as to when we would be getting there and having to check in to the hotel. I’m nineteen years old and I take my faith seriously so I am really worrying about this. Would I have a mortal sin on my soul if I ended up missing Mass that day?

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching regarding attending Mass while on vacation. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Is there a dispensation from the Sunday obligation while traveling?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.