Is a new confession required for each plenary indulgence gained?

My question is regarding acquiring indulgences. Let’s say that I fulfilled all of the requirements for a plenary indulgence on Tuesday evening. Now it’s Wednesday, I go to Mass, receive communion, and wish to gain another plenary indulgence, but do not go to confession since I did not commit any serious sins between Tuesday and Wednesday and any lesser sins were taken care of at Mass. My question is this… can I gain another plenary indulgence without going to confession again?

Your confession on Tuesday would be sufficient for another plenary indulgence on Wednesday.

Pope Paul VI’s Apostolic Constitution On Indulgences states: “A single sacramental confession suffices for gaining several plenary indulgences, but Communion must be received and prayers for the Supreme Pontiff’s intentions recited for the gaining of each plenary indulgence”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.