Is Allah Ominipresent?

I would like to know the Islamic position. Once Amy said Allah is not omnipresent but his knowledge is. Is this an orthodox teaching of Islam? thank you all for your input.

I just read the following on an Islamic site:

“God is always above His throne; he exists everywhere by His knowledge”.

So it seems Amy’s answer is orthodox.

Can any Muslim explain the above statement?

The entity Mahometans call Allah is not the real God, who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

orthodoxphotos.com/readings/future/

No matter how poorly understood, “Allah” = “God” = “the God of Abraham.” This is the true Catholic teaching on what is common between our two faiths.

Ok, so he is not everywhere, but because he knows everything he doesn’t have to be?

He is not omnipresent but he is onmiscient. Is he omnipotent?

Is God Omnipresent? Answered By Dr. Zakir Naik
Click to watch video - Debate with Hindus and Dr Zakir Naik

***“I’m a student of the Qur’an, i don’t know of any verse in the Qur’an which says that ‘God is omnipresent.’ ***Neither do i know of any Sahih Hadith, which says God is omnipresent.”- Dr. Zakir Naik.

yes he is omnipotent as per Islamic teachings.

omnipotent is still better than impotent.

Seriously, they don’t and can not understand the incarnation.

they do not believe in it but think Jesus was born to no human father for no reason.

that 's the true~

That is called in Islam “Ihsan” (perfection), and our Saudi cleric explains that by saying you should worship Allah as you see him in your heart not in your eyes.

Arabic audio link, Arabic lecture link.

And there is hadith about that:

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 47:
"… “What is Ihsan (perfection)?” Allah’s Apostle replied, "To worship Allah as if you see Him, and if you cannot achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is looking at you…"
(E) (A)

However, there is also something strange, according to the following authentic hadith, it seems Muslims will not recognize Allah himself on the Judgement day, and they will say to him “We take refuge with Allah from you, we do not associate anything with Allah”, then Allah will say “Is there any sign between you and him by which you will recognize him?”, then the Muslims will say “Yes”,then Allah will laid his leg exposed, then the devoted Muslims who were prostrating toward Allah in their earthy life will be allowed to prostrate again in front of Allah.
[RIGHT]صحيح مسلم
أتاهم رب العالمين سبحانه وتعالى في أدنى صورة من التي رأوه فيها قال فما تنتظرون تتبع كل أمة ما كانت تعبد قالوا يا ربنا فارقنا الناس في الدنيا أفقر ما كنا إليهم ولم نصاحبهم فيقول أنا ربكم فيقولون نعوذ بالله منك لا نشرك بالله شيئا مرتين أو ثلاثا حتى إن بعضهم ليكاد أن ‏ ‏ينقلب ‏ ‏فيقول هل بينكم وبينه ‏ ‏آية ‏ ‏فتعرفونه بها فيقولون نعم فيكشف عن ساق فلا يبقى من كان يسجد لله من تلقاء نفسه إلا أذن الله له بالسجود ولا يبقى من كان يسجد اتقاء ورياء إلا جعل الله ظهره ‏ ‏طبقة ‏ ‏واحدة كلما أراد أن يسجد ‏ ‏خر ‏ ‏على ‏ ‏قفاه ‏ ‏ثم يرفعون رءوسهم وقد تحول في صورته التي رأوه فيها أول مرة فقال أنا ربكم فيقولون أنت ربنا
[/RIGHT]

(E) (A)

Are there limits to his power? In our thought, he cannot do evil, so there is a limit to his omnipotence.

i don’t know how Muslims interpret it honestly. However, i do not think that not doing evil can be called a limit in the same way we cannot call it a limit when a human cannot fly…after all, we are not made to fly, not in our nature, not compatible with how we are so it’s not a limit but rather alien to our nature.My 2 cents.

:ehh: Its all nonsense, contradictions are everywhere, if you would interpret every hadith in Islam you would find many similar issues.

True. I guess that was poor word choice on my part.

Oh dear. Planten believes that God is omnipresent. I am really confused. Who is correct? Planten or Amy according to Islamic teaching?

No reason?

Does this mean one must thrust aside all reason when considering the encounter God has with man?

According to a Muslim website, it says God is omnipresent.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Allah is considered by Muslims to be omnipotent, omnipresent[/size], and omniscent.[/FONT]

So perhaps planten is right and Sister Amy is wrong? :wink:

I know, its confusing, but that’s the mystery of Islam. :shrug:

i think it means one must thrust aside all reason when it comes to the islamic Jesus (Isa).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.