Is anyone familar with Our Lady of the Rosary Library?

I hope this is the right forum. I am a member of a Catholic yahoo group, and another member was offering free scapulars. I requested one and asked if she wanted me to cover the shipping. She replied that she would include some extra literature and an envelope should I wish to donate to her ministry. The scapular she sent me is very, very nice and all the literature is from Our Lady of Rosary Library. Looking through the literature, some of it seemed good although a bit extreme (apparantly women should be ashamed to be seen by God in pants). However, there was also an article on the “evils of the new liturgy.” Part of me wants to send this woman some money since she sent me a very nice scapular and some of the devotional publications weren’t bad. On the other hand, I hate to think that I might be supporting the distribution of literature from a possibly schismatic group. Another part of me feels that I should send her a note thanking her for the scapular but telling her that I disagree with her on the “evils of the new liturgy.” I know this probably sounds silly and I am probably putting way too much thought into it, but it is the first time I’ve encountered this type of situation and I’m not sure what, if anything, I should do. It bothers me so much that I haven’t even put on the scapular yet, and I’ve had it almost a month. Anyone have any words of wisdom they care to impart?

I think it’s fair to reimburse the shipping cost of the scapulars, but I would hesitate to offer additional support to an organization that promotes the idea that the lawfully promulgated Catholic Liturgy is “evil.”

"Awful,” maybe (or, prehaps, “dreadful”), but certainly not “evil.”

[quote=DavidFilmer]I think it’s fair to reimburse the shipping cost of the scapulars, but I would hesitate to offer additional support to an organization that promotes the idea that the lawfully promulgated Catholic Liturgy is “evil.”

"Awful,” maybe (or, prehaps, “dreadful”), but certainly not “evil.”
[/quote]

I agree with David. Offer to pay the postage but not the additional support.

I agree that you should not support Traditionalist groups. They dont believe that the Pope is the true Pope nor do they believe that the Holy Mass is valid they call it a “Mess” not Mass. On the OLRL website they do have some great books and very good prices but I would suggest supporting a local Catholic bookstore like the leaflet missal leafletmissal.org/

People have disagreements about how the Mass should be celebrated but when one who claims to be Catholic criticizes the Validity of the Holy Mass or that they dont think the Pope is legit has cut themselves from communion with the Church. They only spread posion and discontent therefor leading Catholics astray.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. I think I will send her a check to cover the postage and what I think the scapular might be worth. Maybe I’ll see if I can find an article on the validity of the liturgy to include with a short note saying thank you for the scapular, and I thought the enclosed article might be of interest to you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.