Is artistic creation and/or achievement allowed in Heaven?

I've been a Catholic all my life (I'm 17), but just recently I've been trying to wrap my head around some heavy topics. I, for one, love to create art, music, just about anything. I also believe that one of the greatest feelings one can experience on Earth is a sense of accomplishment(not exactly pride).
But that takes work, and as I understand there is no work in Heaven. Also, it seems from what I've heard, that we would exist only to adore God all day. Which is totally fine by me, I love God.
I guess what I'm asking is, if (pray for me) I do go to Heaven, will I be able to DO anything besides adore for eternity? I'm really trying to not to blasphemous or anything, I just want to know.
Thanks, Chris.

Hi Chris,

To behold God in all His glory is to be totally fulfilled. The satisfaction this brings far surpasses any satisfaction we can have on earth. We are so conditioned by what we experience here, that it IS difficult for us to think outside our human box.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.