Is burning a disc stealing?

**A co-worker asked me to give her my arobics video so she could make a copy for herself.

**A friend asked my permission to burn my Fonts for Mac computers DVD, so she could have a copy for herself.

**Years ago my apt manager went up in the attic and messed around with the something and gave the entire complex free cable service.

Does the Church comment on this new technology behavior? Does the Church say it is stealing? Sometimes I think it is, and other times I think I have a right to do what I want with my property as long as I don’t make copies and try to sell them. As for my apt manager, I never asked him to give me free cable, so if he didn’t pay for it, it was he who was stealing not me.

However, I want to do the right thing in the eyes of God and the Church. Thank you! AMON

This link should answer your question on the morality of downloading music when there is no law against it. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
Is downloading music a sin?**
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.