Is casual cussing between mature persons sinful?

One of the RCIA teachers in my parish is a former soldier and cusses quite frequently. This is not offensive to me personally because he uses this language to make strong points, and I could see how it might be appropriate at such times. I recently read Jimmy Akin’s article entitled “Cussin’” and it seems to me that non-blasphemous taboo words are not inherently bad and could be used in company of, say, a group of young men where no one is scandalized. Is this wrong? Please correct me if it is. This is a very relevant question to me and I would really appreciate some help, because I don’t want to commit any form of casual sin. Thank you.

Slave2Christ,

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on using cuss words. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Is profanity a mortal sin?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.