Is catholic Radio, except for CA "convert heavy?"

I listen to a couple different catholic radio stations as I travel my region. They both broadcast some EWTN programming, but they seem to be focusing on running an increasing amount of their own local catholic programming. I think one runs a lot of stuff by Relevant Radio.
Is it just me or does it seem like nobody who broadcasts comes from a traditionally catholic background. That is NOT to say that they aren’t “traditional catholics.” It just seems that every host or guest is a layperson who talks a lot about " back when I was (fill in the protestant denomination…) "
I should say I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. Heck it’s probably a good thing. BUt I admit I’m starting to miss the good old days when there were priests and nuns on EWTN radio.

Oops. This might be the wrong forum for this topic…

Often, converts are better Catholics. The “zeal of the newly converted.”

This.

All Catholics ARE converts. The word “convert” too often uses the definition of leaving one church for another rather than the definition of turning back to God and away from sin.

I think a lot of them had theological and ministerial backgrounds so it sort of came natural to them. But you may be right. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.