Is Catholicism just another stop for some?

I wasn’t sure where to pose this question so I hope non-catholic religions is right. Here goes…

Is Catholicism just another stop on their journey for some?

I was watching “The Journey Home” and had this question for converts and others. I have seen many interviews with incredible converts who talk about their journey home and found all that was missing before they were in the Catholic Church. I am a cradle Catholic myself so I don’t share their experience. I was wondering if anyone knows of, or is, a convert who went on to another religion. I am especially interested if the person was fairly devout in their stop in Catholicism.

I know some people convert for the wrong reasons, and people who leave because that stubborn Church won’t change to fit them. I am interested if anyone knows of a “baptized evangelical-turned-Methodist minister-turned-devout Catholic-turned-LDS” or something of the sort.

Just wondering…hubby is a convert…says he’s not going anywhere…but I always wonder…does it happen?

Friend of a friend became Catholic, but later on went Greek Orthodox. He’d determined it was the true Church…

[quote=midgetface]I know some people convert for the wrong reasons, and people who leave because that stubborn Church won’t change to fit them. I am interested if anyone knows of a “baptized evangelical-turned-Methodist minister-turned-devout Catholic-turned-LDS” or something of the sort.

[/quote]

A member once posted he knew someone kept converting between various protestantism denominations, LDS, judaism and wiccan.

A friend of mine from HS went to a one leg Protestant as I called him as he doesn’t believe in Sola Fide yet in Sola Scriptura. He made it all the way to right before Confirmation adn then has been standing on the fence ever since. Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=Sgt Sweaters]Friend of a friend became Catholic, but later on went Greek Orthodox. He’d determined it was the true Church…
[/quote]

Sounds rather dangerous.

WOW! Would love to hear that story!

Is there hope he will land? One-legged landing gear has got to make for a rocky road. You and I like our stable 3-legged. Smooth touch-downs.

Thanks for the replies. I’m glad to know it is not terribly common. So great to hear that Rome really is home for most.

Any others?

my father was born lutheran, then was atheists, when I was born he was catholic (thanks God!), he even walked to thank the Virgin Of Lujan, later he became Jehova witness, and finally evangelical, now he is still evangelical, but he is more like Generic Protestant

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.