Is Christ the Primordial Sacrament?

[BIBLEDRB]Dear Friends in Christ,

I'm a final year student of a Bachelor of Theology Programme and is in the process of completing my dissertation which is on Christ as the Primordial Sacrament. Therefore, I seek your valuable inputs, which even could be your original thinking, that would help me in completing my presentation.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your valuable contributions.

Servant in Christ,

Derrick[/BIBLEDRB]

[quote="derrickvperera, post:1, topic:325956"]
[bibledrb]Dear Friends in Christ,

I'm a final year student of a Bachelor of Theology Programme and is in the process of completing my dissertation which is on Christ as the Primordial Sacrament. Therefore, I seek your valuable inputs, which even could be your original thinking, that would help me in completing my presentation.

Servant in Christ,

Derrick[/bibledrb]

[/quote]

No. A sacrament is a sensible sign, instituted by Christ, communicating grace and inward sanctification to the soul. The essential elements are

[LIST]
]institution by Christ during his visible stay on earth
*]a sensibly perceptible rite that actually confers the grace it symbolizes
[/LIST]
Latin *sacramentum
, oath, solemn obligation; from sacrare, to set apart as sacred, consecrate.

Refer to Modern Catholic Dictionary.

[quote="derrickvperera, post:1, topic:325956"]
[BIBLEDRB]Dear Friends in Christ,

Servant in Christ,

Derrick[/BIBLEDRB]

[/quote]

Without Baptism we cannot even approach Jesus, for through it we are made right in the eyes of GOD.

Marriage is the primordial sacrament.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.