Is despair an unforgivable sin ?

hello …

i have seen many websites claiming that despair is the unforgivable sin… or its a feeling a person might experience when they have committed this sin (taking judas as an example).

the fact is i suffer from OCD and have spent years worrying if i have committed the unforgivable or not !!
so i guess what i was doing is worrying and so some kind of despair … tho during all these years i never claimed that i have committed it for sure but i always had periods of fear…

what was recomforting me all this time it was that most of the priests said that the fact that im worrying about it means that i havent committed it ! … so now hearing that actually worrying about not being forgiven is actually unforgivable is really scaring me .

maybe i can get a better explanation of “despair” , i might have taken it out of context!! (english isnt my mothertongue :))

thank you

god bless

jesushope,

The following links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching the unforgivable sin and how that relates to suffering from OCD. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]**What is “blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” and why is it unforgivable? **
*]**How do I cope with consent of the will and OCD? **
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.