Is Fr. Mitch Pacwa of EWTN ill?

Hey everyone. I just saw a portion of today’s Daily Mass and Fr. Mitch Pacwa was on there. His voice seemed much more rough than usual, almost like he has come down with laryngitis or something. Does anyone know if he is currently ill or not?

He mentioned that it was a result of acid reflux, is taking medication that is supposed to begin working in a week or two, and asked for prayers.

Oh okay. I did not catch that part. My non-Catholic boyfriend was visiting and so I wasn’t able to watch the whole thing. I almost never watch the daily Mass at midnight anyway but yeah I did miss it. I will keep him in my prayers.

I'm sure Fr. Pacwa will be full of spit 'n' vinagre soon enough!!!

LOL

I'd noticed Father's voice in the last few weeks. I've sometimes had acid reflux - not very pleasant, especially when it happens when you're asleep and you wake up literally choking. It can leave your throat feeling as though it's been rubbed with sandpaper. I'll keep Father in my prayers.

I watched his ‘Threshold of Hope’ program on the EWTN YouTube channel last week, and he mentioned about the acid reflux he was suffering from.

His voice HAS sounded scratchier than usual. I almost felt like sending him an email saying, ‘Please, Father, get that throat checked out!’ :o

It’s gotten to the point that I can’t listen to him for too long. I’m always afraid he will have no voice left by the time Mass is finished.

Get well soon, Father!

Oh just listened to him celebrate the Mass. It's Feb now and his voice still makes him sound like he is ill. I hope it's really not something more serious than acid reflux

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.