Is getting an annulment always so hard for Protestants?

I have been a protestant all of my life and about 5 years ago I began my journey to Rome. 3.5 years ago I began an annulment case as I have been divorced and remarried, which from my protestant theology was completely biblical, as my wife cheated on me multiple times and left me for another man. I have been waiting now for 3.5 years and the case has been at the stage of judgement for the past 6 months. At this point, I have become really frustrated and at the point of giving up. I’m located in the Denver area and under the Diocese of Denver. I just don’t understand why it would take this long to process even the judgment phase of the annulment, not even mentioning the review that will take place after that. This is beginning to become an issue of spiritual abuse as it is so dragged out. The impact that it is having on my family is significant. I am just so frustrated by how long it is taking for the judgment. I feel like the woman crying out for justice. I guess my question is… is this normal for protestants entering the church? Should I consider appealing to our new Archbishop for assistance in unearthing the reason for the excessive deals and pushing for it to be reviewed and judged upon?

The following links should help answer your questions about annulments. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly. In the meantime, be assured of our prayers for your peace during this difficult time.

Recommended Reading:

How are annulments for Protestants handled?
How long should an annulment take?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.