Is God OK with Transgenderism?

My sister has married a transgender person and I told her why I would not be there at the wedding and now I seem to be the family prude. People including my Aunt, our other sister, and my Christian grown children seem to think I am not being understanding enough. This has caused a big ruffle in my relationship with my sister. She said I’m being judgmental and how DARE I decide who will make it to heaven. I did not tell her anything about her spouses salvation, only that I was concerned about hers. Aren’t we supposed to speak up when our faith demands it? Now my sister doesn’t talk with me and neither do her grown children. Am I being a bigot? Do I need to conform to this type of lifestyle? I am 51 and the sister I am referring to is 54. She grew up Catholic just as I did.

Thank you for your time. I hope you can help me. :confused:

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Is is wrong to change ones gender?
*]Does the Catholic Church have a stand on plastic surgery?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.