Is Heaven a reward.?

Matthew, chapter 5 or great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophe
Matthew, chapter 5 h love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Matthew, chapter 6 rwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew, chapter 6 They have their reward. But when thou doest a
Matthew, chapter 6 et himself shall reward thee openly. And when
Matthew, chapter 6 They have their reward. But thou, when thou p
Matthew, chapter 6 in secret shall reward thee openly. But when
Matthew, chapter 6 They have their reward. But thou, when thou
Matthew, chapter 6 ecret, shall reward thee openly. Lay not
Matthew, chapter 10 eive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in
Matthew, chapter 10 righteous man’s reward. And whosoever shall
Matthew, chapter 10 no wise lose his reward.
Matthew, chapter 16 nd then he shall reward every man according to his works.
“41”: He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward. **

Sara

Hello Sarah,

There will be no starving people to feed in heaven. There will be no decisions on whether or not to commit adultery or steal in heaven. The free willed choices we make in regard to God’s will on earth are our treasure for all eternity. God will unite Himself to those who love Him for all eternity. Jesus describes this as a reward.

NAB 1CO 2:9 Of this wisdom it is written:

“Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it so much as dawned on man what God has prepared for those who love him.” NAB LUK 12:31"Instead, seek his kingdom, and these other things will be given you besides. Do not be afraid any longer, little flock, for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your belongings and give alms. Provide money bags for yourselves that do not wear out, an inexhaustible treasure in heaven that no thief can reach nor moth destroy. For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be."**NAB JOH 15:9 **

“As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Live on in my love. You will live in my love if you keep my commandments, even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and live in his love.” NAB REV 22:12

“Remember, I am coming soon! I bring with me the reward that will be given to each man as his conduct deserves. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End! **Happy are they who wash their robes so as to have free access to the tree of life **and enter the city through its gates Outside are the dogs and sorcerers, the fornicators and murderers, the idol-worshipers and all who love falsehood.

closed #3

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.