Is it a bad thing to register to be able to buy stuff?

So I was asking somewhere else about a problem of hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia, people gave me input about the situation and (not sure, but I think that’s what I kinda understood) they mentioned that number thing was just something used to point out to what was actually a threat.

However, IIRC, someone mentioned how that threat that was being pointed out at has/had something to do with “being something obligatory to be able to trade or food or something”. Thinking about it, wouldn’t that mean that something like registering at pages would be a BAAAD thing to do?

For example, in the area where I live in, people have ID cards that, AFAIK, are used for a lot of things (or pretty much everything), which would also include bank and shopping stuff.

What I wanted to ask was if registering on sites that need you to register to be able to “trade”, whether real stuff or games, would it be a BAAAAD thing? and should ID cards be something to have to be scared?

You’re going to have to explain that again. There are plenty of reasons why ID cards are a useful tool for both organizations and individuals. Likewise, there’s nothing wrong with registering for a profile on a site. You’ve obviously already done so for this site, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to ask us this question. :shrug:

That word looks like you set your drink down on your keyboard.

It’s the fear of the number 666.

I mean national-wide ID cards that you need to do virtually everything except informal commerce, and with sites I meant sites for buying stuff, online shopping, gaming, buy in-game stuff, or something you would have to register in to buy/sell/something-commercial.

Kind of like birth certificates, only you need them on a daily basis? Sounds like a hassle, but it doesn’t sound immoral.

and with sites I meant sites for buying stuff, online shopping, gaming, buy in-game stuff, or something you would have to register in to buy/sell/something-commercial.

Nothing wrong with that, either. How else are you going to buy or sell things over the internet?

:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

It’s more like a ID card, about the size of a bussiness one (or slightly bigger), with basic info, including name, an “ID” number (which could be said could be the reason I asked that question, considering the person entioned a “number needed to be able to “trade” and such kind of things”), gender, etc.

Nothing wrong with that, either. How else are you going to buy or sell things over the internet?

I’m mostly asking due to what the person asked, about that evil thing mentioned in the scripture would be something needed “to be able to buy” or “trade” or something, I was kinda afraid that they would mean by paralel or something that could be calling stuff like registering or having some sort of id thing a bad, BAD thing.

But according to what you’re mentioning, registering to “trade” sites, whether for real stuff or games, would not be something bad?

Yeah, there’s nothing immoral about that. You simply have to register to use certain services. It cuts down on fraud and makes it harder for people to lie about who they are.

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.