Is it a heresy to believe that God has other creatures in plan instead of men and angels?

Hi guys. I’ve notice in modern science that there are planets, and obviously planets are not for us. Is it heretical to believe that somehow, God has eternally planned to raise creatures like us in his endless Godhead, only in our human history, we are consuming only our own story… Thanks…

id say no. What God has revealed to us has been to assure us of our own salvation, if we cooperate. If He has other created sentient beings who have no interaction with us (ie unlike the angels, good and fallen), thats His business. There`d be no need for us to know about them.

But, id have problems with the idea of other fallen races......and our Lady was made Queen of Heaven. Personally, i dont believe there are others; but that opinion`s not worth much, :shrug:

To be honest it would be interesting to think that he has, but that to me would seem to dull his unique love for man , as we were created in his image

Not heretical at all. God is infinite, and certainly could have created other intelligent life forms.

It would probably be some sort of heresy they way the thread title is worded:

[quote=OP’s Thread Title]Is it a heresy to believe that God has other creatures in plan instead of men and angels?
[/quote]

But , the OP’s clarifies what is meant : "

Is it a heresy to believe that God has other creatures in plan ***along with ***men and angels?

As agnes therese points out,God is infinite, so it could be a possibility as long as the universe remains uncharted/ unexplored, however, building beside Christine85’s post ,

[quote=Christine 85] To be honest it would be interesting to think that he has, but that to me would seem to dull his unique love for man , as we were created in his image .
[/quote]

… we can glean from the Nicene Creed that Christ came to save us:

Several versions from two sources :

first source

For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:

second source

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven,

and ,

For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:

I’m led to believe that, perhaps there may possibly be some type of microscopic life on certain other planets in a solar system ; but as far as other rational creatures - such as humans and angels , that is to say, creatures possessing an intellect and a free will , in all liklihood , they also would have fallen as some of the angels and as man did . And if they existed in time (as opposed to eternity) which I believe the OP is suggesting , then these fallen creatures living within the parameters of time and space, would also need a Saviour.

Christ came and died for us - no secret/hidden agenda.

In my limited opinion then, it souldn’t seem too plausible to imagine a Klingon receiving a Christian funeral anytime in the near future.

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.