Is it a mortal sin to miss Mass when ill?

Hi

I want to go to mass every Sunday/Saturday evenning but I suffer from an illness when I find I can’t go out. Sometimes I overcome this but also there are times when I don’t overcome it. It often happens when I should be going to Mass. I am a good practicing catholic and have to confess this over the phone to my priest who seems to understand. But I don’t know if I am committing a mortal sin or not. Sometimes this is a mental illness I have been told and because of this I feel guilty when I don’t go get to mass. This happened to me when I had an allergy to a antibiotic of which I had a terrible reaction. Since then I haven’t been able to go out just when I want to so consquently I stay in most of the time and pray. Do you think I am committing a mortal sin. God knows if I am well enough to go to mass but i don’t always think I am able to so I suffer from severe guilt

I would love to know what you have to say.
God bless you
Beauty:mad:

Beauty,

I hope the following links will provide you with some guidance and relief. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Does agoraphobia excuse someone from Mass?
Does God understand missing Mass because of disability?
Am I a “bad” Catholic because I can’t attend Mass due to an anxiety disorder?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.