I have a roommate who disgust me because of some UN-virtuous habits.
I was reading and examination and read that despising people is a sin.
Why is it a sin to despise people? what if you regularly hung around an abortionist (hypothetical)? Would you find that person disgusting?
It is like I dread being around the person.
tr.v. de·spised, de·spis·ing, de·spis·es
- To regard with contempt or scorn: despised all cowards and flatterers.
- To dislike intensely; loathe: despised the frigid weather in January.
- To regard as unworthy of one’s interest or concern: despised any thought of their own safety.
a. Contempt or disdain felt toward a person or object considered despicable or unworthy.
b. The expression of such an attitude in behavior or speech; derision.
2. One spoken of or treated with contempt.
v. scorned, scorn·ing, scorns
- To consider or treat as contemptible or unworthy.
- To reject or refuse with derision. See Synonyms at despise.
To express contempt; scoff.
tr.v. loathed, loath·ing, loathes
To dislike (someone or something) greatly; abhor.
- The feeling or attitude of regarding someone or something as inferior, base, or worthless