Is it a sin to smoke hooka pen

I dont know i want to try a hooka pen. Would it be a sin to smoke it and im 13

I assume you mean the kind that's just pure steam, and not tobacco.

Putting pens (hookah or regular) in your mouth frequently is bad for your teeth. It also emulates real smoking, and that's not an activity worthy of emulating. Lastly, it's just a plain waste of money on a ridiculous passing fad... what's next, pacifiers?

[quote="steve99n, post:1, topic:325387"]
I dont know i want to try a hooka pen. Would it be a sin to smoke it and im 13

[/quote]

Ask your parents or those in charge of you :) That is the responsible and Christian way to answer your question!

God Bless you +

Is it a sin? No. Is it smart? No. Is it lame? Yes. My advice, stop trying to be like the kids around you. They are losers.

My son tried one of those to give up smoking. It didn't work though. Nicotene patches worked for him.

Most people think the pens are pure water vapour however they aren't and the ingredient in them (can't remember it's name) can cause dry spots on your lungs after prolonged use.

It seems by your age, that kids are using them to emulate smoking cigarettes until they graduate to the real thing. How weird considering they were invented for the opposite trajectory. :shrug:

Hookah Smoke and Cancer

The charcoal used to heat tobacco in the hookah increases the health risks by producing high levels of carbon monoxide, metals, and cancer-causing chemicals.1,4
Even after it has passed through water, the smoke produced by a hookah contains high levels of toxic compounds, including carbon monoxide, heavy metals, and cancer-causing chemicals.4
Hookah tobacco and smoke contain numerous toxic substances known to cause lung, bladder, and oral cancers.1,4
Irritation from exposure to tobacco juices increases the risk of developing oral cancers. The irritation by tobacco juice products is likely to be greater among hookah smokers than among pipe or cigar smokers because hookah smoking is typically practiced (with or without inhalation) more often and for longer periods of time.6

Other Health Effects of Hookah Smoke

Hookah tobacco and smoke contain numerous toxic substances known to cause clogged arteries and heart disease.1,4
Infectious diseases may be transmitted by sharing a hookah.2
Babies born to women who smoked one or more water pipes a day during pregnancy have lower birth weights (were at least 3½ ounces less) than babies born to nonsmokers and are at an increased risk for respiratory diseases.5

[quote="dee_burk, post:6, topic:325387"]
Hookah Smoke and Cancer

The charcoal used to heat tobacco in the hookah increases the health risks by producing high levels of carbon monoxide, metals, and cancer-causing chemicals.1,4
Even after it has passed through water, the smoke produced by a hookah contains high levels of toxic compounds, including carbon monoxide, heavy metals, and cancer-causing chemicals.4
Hookah tobacco and smoke contain numerous toxic substances known to cause lung, bladder, and oral cancers.1,4
Irritation from exposure to tobacco juices increases the risk of developing oral cancers. The irritation by tobacco juice products is likely to be greater among hookah smokers than among pipe or cigar smokers because hookah smoking is typically practiced (with or without inhalation) more often and for longer periods of time.6

Other Health Effects of Hookah Smoke

Hookah tobacco and smoke contain numerous toxic substances known to cause clogged arteries and heart disease.1,4
Infectious diseases may be transmitted by sharing a hookah.2
Babies born to women who smoked one or more water pipes a day during pregnancy have lower birth weights (were at least 3½ ounces less) than babies born to nonsmokers and are at an increased risk for respiratory diseases.5

[/quote]

i meant the little pen it dosent contain tobacco or nicatine,I know the real hookah is dangerous though but thanks for the info

doesnt the hooka pen have a small flavor cartridge that goes on it (contains flavored tobacco)? or are you saying this one is just a stick to suck on water vapor??? and if so, what is the purpose of sucking water vapor? Pride---So you can look cool?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.