Is it a sin to...?

My husband and I have 3 children and a stillbirth last year. He is not open to life and I am. Is it a sin to poke holes in his condoms knowing he would except a child lovingly as he always has.

You should talk to your parish priest, or ask an apologist on this topic. If you’re serious, surely you don’t just want a bunch of opinions from a group of diverse people, some of whom aren’t even Catholic. I think you already must know the teachings of the church on artificial birth control, but do two wrongs make a right?

tWO Wrongs dont make a right…but wouldnt he rather not use the condom??

Using the condom is wrong. The Church doesn’t permit use of condoms (I’m assuming you are Catholic). I’m sorry for your loss, but don’t strain your marriage by using contraceptives. You and your husband should talk to a NFP specialtist and your priest. Good luck, and God bless you.

How would you feel if you found he was slipping birth-control pills in your coffee? Keep the topic open, but don’t use deceit. There is no place for it in marriage.

If you don’t want him wearing a condom, just tell him you won’t have sex with him if he wears one. Suggest NFP to him, and find someone in your area that is knowledgeable on the subject and can help you.

Scout :tiphat:

[quote=BLB_Oregon]How would you feel if you found he was slipping birth-control pills in your coffee? Keep the topic open, but don’t use deceit. There is no place for it in marriage.
[/quote]

Quite right, but let’s not forget that contraceptive sex is a deceit. I second not only seeking advice from a bona fide counselor but also on not engaging in contraceptive sex yourself. No spouse has a right to demand the other participate in sinful acts.

– Mark L. Chance.

[quote=mimi4]My husband and I have 3 children and a stillbirth last year. He is not open to life and I am. Is it a sin to poke holes in his condoms knowing he would except a child lovingly as he always has.
[/quote]

Dishonesty will never solve a problem in a relationship that should be built on openness and trust. If you are both Catholic, this should not even be an issue. The Church teaches unequivocally that using any form of contraception is an intrinsic evil. Show him the section of the Catechism that states this (paragraph 2370) and go from there.

[quote=mimi4]Is it a sin to poke holes in his condoms knowing he would except a child lovingly as he always has.
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote=mimi4]My husband and I have 3 children and a stillbirth last year. He is not open to life and I am. Is it a sin to poke holes in his condoms knowing he would except a child lovingly as he always has.
[/quote]

Consider this - If you get pregnant and he knows that he has been using condoms, what is he going to assume?

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=22043

Notice:

An apologist has answered this question in the Ask an Apologist forum (see link above). Thanks to all who participated in the discussion. The thread is now closed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.