Is it a sin?

For example if you laugh becuase someone stutter and what he says turns out funny but you don't laugh becuase you want to "laugh at him" and make fun of him, he just speaks funny and you can't help it.

No. If it sounds funny it's funny. God gave you the gift of laughter, nothin wrong with what you did. Make sure you tell him that you aren't laughing at him.

I don't think it's a sin.

I have found it hard not to laugh in certain circumstances, myself. Once, I was taking a mental health class, and we watched a video. Before we even started it, the professor even warned us NOT to laugh.

We watched the video and ALL of us laughed. He told us we needed to work on this, had that been a clinical situation, that would have been very unprofessional.

I've even gone online, looking for ways NOT to laugh. I have seen that a person can pretend he's coughing, cover his mouth! There are a number of ways.

I had someone I knew who saw someone fall down a flight of stairs...boom...boom, boom, down each step and he started laughing, even though it wasn't funny! I don't know WHY we find things like falling, funny! It's strange.

Yes, I think I know what you mean. Often, this also catches us offguard most of the time is the other thing. I think you'll be forgiven by God, just your friend who might hold it against you for a time, possibly!

[quote="Timi_Celcer, post:1, topic:339930"]
For example if you laugh becuase someone stutter and what he says turns out funny but you don't laugh becuase you want to "laugh at him" and make fun of him, he just speaks funny and you can't help it.

[/quote]

No, it is not a sin. You laugh because you heard something that was humorous.

However, you can learn how to keep yourself from laughing when it is not appropriate.

We will find "funny" things at times when it is not appropriate to laugh.

This may be one of those times. When the person who has a speech problem - accidentally because of the speech problem - says something funny, it can hurt his feelings when others laugh.

Some people - may laugh at themselves - and find humor in their own speech problem. Some people - may laugh at themselves to keep from showing they are upset or hurt. Some people - may feel hurt that others laugh due to their speech problem.

It is not a sin to laugh when you find something funny. Sometimes, you just learn to hold the laughter due to the place or situation.

I think if you know he will find it hurtful you should make every effort not to laugh and if you do not make that effort you have been reckless to the hurt you have caused.

That's quite a tame example but there are more serious degrees of this. You are basically asking if it is a sin to laugh at a disabled person. Yes, if you think they'll find it hurtful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.