Is it bad or immoral to look into paranormal things or other beings?

**Background:**I am 16 years old and I am fully devoted to the lordship of Jesus Christ. He is my savior! BUT; I have a fascination of looking up things such as guardian angel sightings, ghost sightings, shadow people etc. Also people who have had near death experiences and have gone to heaven and/or hell and back to Earth. I have also looked into such demonic beings and encounters or testimony’s of other people after finding out my own mother was once attacked when she was 16. I always pray before, during and after reading things about demons though. I am just honestly intrigued and fascinated about the spiritual beings and the afterlife. I don’t think I am obsessed or anything. I would greatly appreciate the opinion of a man or women of God.

**Question:**I just want to know if it is wrong to do what I do. Also, I want to know if it’s possible to accidentally open a window for spirits (evil & good) to get to me. That is not what I want I’m just purely interested.

The following links should answer your question about the Church’s teachings on the paranormal. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Do ghosts exist?
*]What’s the Catholic theory behind such phenomena as ghosts?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.