Is it ever a good idea to add two girls you're dating on Facebook?

Is it just a plain bad idea, because it's prime fodder for drama? I mean, do they always find out about each other? It's not exclusive or anything, though.

I can't imagine it would be a good idea.

It's a bad idea to keep secrets like that in the first place.

Even if they know he is dating others, seeing evidence of it on Facebook is kind of a little too in your face. It's likely someone would get hurt.

I dunno.. Is it ever a good idea to be dating two girls at the same time? I mean, you'd have to be at a certain level of relationship with them to feel like you'd be hurting them by not telling them that you are also seeing other people....

Probably your problem lies with the two girls. Not facebook.

It's never a good idea to date two women at the same time, that is, unless you enjoy pain.

Who knows. If it's not exclusive and they know it, are themselves dating other men and don't particularly care that you have other girlfriends it probably won't be an issue.

On the other hand if one or more of them are taking it more seriously and hoping for more, and the other posts messages of a certain nature, you could be at the center of a very unpleasant storm :p

[quote="BadTurkey, post:1, topic:184099"]
Is it just a plain bad idea, because it's prime fodder for drama? I mean, do they always find out about each other? It's not exclusive or anything, though.

[/quote]

Only if you want to see God sooner:D

[/quote]

*LOL--weren't you asking not too long ago, about a girl's dad (that girl I assumed you were dating) owning a shotgun? lol If one of these girls is THAT girl...hmmm...you might want to rethink this. :D

Kidding...

But, the motherly side of me would tell my son it's not becoming of a christian man or woman to be dating a few people at one time. *

Don't do it. Don't friend them both.

[quote="kimmielittle, post:8, topic:184099"]
Only if you want to see God sooner:D

[/quote]

:D And I'm sure that's just one thing we can find common ground on :hug1:

No, it's not a good idea, but why would you be dating 2 different girls (not that it's any of my business)? Things can get ugly.

[quote="Rence, post:11, topic:184099"]
:D And I'm sure that's just one thing we can find common ground on :hug1:

[/quote]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:mad: Bad news Turkey..."Hell has no wrath like a woman scorned" (That's from the Bible, I believe :p). Dating two girls at once is so not cool.

Im going to take a contrarian view here. What is the worst that can happen? They get mad at him or leave him? Worse things can and do happen. If they get into drama, he can delete them from his facebook or prevent them from posting on his wall. I frankly think the OP is doing the right thing. If there is no ring, there is no obligation to go with only one woman. He is actually doing the right thing in feeling out all of his options. Its a game of simple numbers. There are more women than men so he can and would be silly to not sample the cows before buying the meat. Dating is not marriage and it is not meant to be exclusive. If you actually buy into the silly phrases and charms then you need to be extra careful and break it off once the person starts playing that sort of game. This exclusive dating **** is perpetuated by women that want all the comforts of a marriage before the man has actually had a chance to get to know her. Courtship on the other hand should be more exclusive. It is of a more serious nature and is the prelude to a possible marriage. We try to make dating and courtship into one and we find ourselves wondering why we have such a high divorce rate. When emotions and feelings are the primary guide, bad things happen.

[quote="whatevergirl, post:9, topic:184099"]
*But, the motherly side of me would tell my son it's not becoming of a christian man or woman to be dating a few people at one time. *

[/quote]

I agree, at least so far as more pronounced relationships go (i.e. not just going to places and talking).

[quote="dakotagirl, post:14, topic:184099"]
:mad: Bad news Turkey..."Hell has no wrath like a woman scorned" (That's from the Bible, I believe :p). Dating two girls at once is so not cool.

[/quote]

It is actually from Shakespeare...but it definitely sums up the overall outcome that could come from this...not a good idea at all....

OK, maybe it's not the best idea to add them both on Facebook, but I really don't see anything wrong with dating more than one girl at a time. It's not like it's exclusive or anything, and I'm sure women do it all the time. Besides, it keeps you from moving too fast and gives you a chance to step back and really get to know the other person. Yes, their dads own shotguns, but as long as I'm not doing anything inappropriate with their daughters, they won't have a reason to use them.

[quote="BadTurkey, post:18, topic:184099"]
OK, maybe it's not the best idea to add them both on Facebook, but I really don't see anything wrong with dating more than one girl at a time. It's not like it's exclusive or anything, and I'm sure women do it all the time. Besides, it keeps you from moving too fast and gives you a chance to step back and really get to know the other person. Yes, their dads own shotguns, but as long as I'm not doing anything inappropriate with their daughters, they won't have a reason to use them.

[/quote]

The question is do they know that this how things are? :eek:
Because, if they are not aware of each other they may have notions of the dating being more serious than you see it. They need to know that you are seeing other women. If they are seeing other men, fine, but if they are not and do not know that you are only dating them in the non-exclusive sense, this could turn out very hurtful for them, and very bad for you. And then the shotguns may have more of a use.....:rolleyes:

[/quote]

Yes, it's a fodder for drama. If you so this, be prepared to spend a lot on Meow Mix, considering you are risking a big catfight.

The only exception I can make is if the level of "only friendship" and everyone is upfront about the fact that they are friends with others and are OK with that. However, the fact you asked if they find out about each other makes me think that is not the case.

Look at it from the other end. If a girl you were dating had a bunch of guy friends on Facebook, would you not start to wonder or ask questions? And after a while if a certain person kept on popping up in her life on Facebook and off, would you not at least get suspicious?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.