Is it hard to start reading the liturgy of the hours

Is it hard to start reading the liturgy of the hours for study and prayer as well personal peace

Not hard to read. But hard to keep up with it if you have a busy life. I don’t know how priests do it

But honestly once you do it for a while it will feel odd if you miss it. It’s so great to start and finish your day with it.

You can get started easily by choosing one hour to pray, maybe Morning Prayer. When that becomes settled you can add in another hour.

Apps like iBreviary make it easy to get started. You don’t even need to buy the books.

One thing that can be helpful in getting started is to pray with someone already familiar with the structure who can guide you through and answer any questions. I’ve really enjoyed introducing people to this form of prayer.

My Priest told me it is not required of lay persons, but I love it. I admit I still struggle with the times. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’m not perfect.

Not at all! I finally got an app for my phone because I did not want to carry the books everywhere. Just start with one or more of the hours, like morning prayer, or evening prayer. If you are able, you can add more during the day. It is a great way to take a break at work.

Sometimes when I am waiting I will read a chunk of the prayers together.

https://divineoffice.org works well for me…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.