Is it official catholic doctrine that hell was not created by God?

If God did not create/prepare hell as an actual place where the damned are headed after death, then how is that reconciled with the following verse:

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Someone had to prepare it as thing just don’t come into existence on their own, especially if hell is not only separation from God but an actual physical place.

also, what is the catholic interpretation of Isaiah 45:7?

thanks!

Whoever said that God did not create hell?

As for Isaiah 45:7[size=][FONT=“Palatino Linotype”] I form light and create darkness,
I make weal and create woe,
I am the LORD, who do all these things[/size]

What’s wrong with that?

I don’t know that there is an “official” interpretation of that verse. Why would there need to be?[/FONT]

I’ve read it from a catholic on this forum, or maybe i misinterpreted it .as for Isaiah, well I’ve just heard some people say that God does not create evil.

Hell isn’t evil.

Hell is a place. The one that is evil is the Satan himself because of his selfish pride evil came into being.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.