Is it Ok for Catholic to be a Godparent in non catholic church?

I have a friend that has been asked to be a Sponsor of a child in a non catholic church. They told the parents they would be the sponsor for the Dedication, but will teach the child Catholic ways.:confused:

I myself feel that we would not want someone coming into the Catholic Church to be a godparent and mock the church by teaching the child protestant ways, so why would we mock their faith and be a godparent that would not show them the way of their church?:confused:

I am just curious on what the church says about a situstion like this :slight_smile: :getholy:

RamonaJude
“The more I grow in my faith the closer I listen to God’s whispers… I have to turn to Him when the good I thought I was doing is now a big hole in my heart… His Holy Catholic Church is truth to me… Others may have a different opinion, but I just ask that you respect mine. Oh God I cannot try to mold You to my life… I need to mold myself in the image of Christ! I stumble a Million times a day; be with me & grant me the peace of your love!! I ask this in the name of Christ, Our Lord! AMEN! † †”

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on taking part in a non-Catholic baptism. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Godparent

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.